Efficient Digestion for Weight Loss

Options
Hey All! About three months ago, my husband and I started making Green Smoothies (we heard about it on Good Morning America) and so we've been eating them first thing every morning. After two weeks, we realized that we hadn't purchased potato chips in that time (UNHEARD of for us!). Since then, I've lost about 20 pounds and he lost 15 pounds. I've been coupling my drinks with exercise, but he didn't do anything but start adding the drink to his diet and the choices he made through the rest of the day became better and better without thought.

Anyway, I was blown away and looked into Kimberly Snyder (who presented the recipe on GMA) and she has a new book out called "The Beauty Detox Solution." I picked it up and it's AMAZING. She talks about how to eat so speed up digestion so your body can draw out nutrients effectively and also get your metabolism going. I tried it and after 5 days, I lost 4 pounds. I'm sure some of that was probably water weight, but I've kept it off and I'm sticking to her concepts. She has a diet plan in the back of the book that is a bit extreme and I don't really follow it, but I stick to the basic concepts (like, don't eat Protein and Starches together and only eat fruit on an empty stomach, etc.).

Anyway, I've had ridiculously awesome results and I just wanted to share!

Replies

• arielian
    arielian Posts: 200
    Options
    BUMP! CAN I HAVE THE RECIPE AND MORE INFO!
  • shannieboo
    shannieboo Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • shannieboo
    Options
    BUMP
  • skinnypigeon
    skinnypigeon Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    So glad to hear you are drinking green smoothies! They are amazing! I try to drink one everyday. I like to freeze them in canning jars to make it more convenient so you don't have to make them everyday, that became the drawback for me as I am very busy. Check out greensmoothiegirl.com if you are interested in more health and nutrition info, she is wonderful. Enjoy your new healthy journey.
  • tjsusong
    tjsusong Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I would like the recipe for the Green smoothie too please!!
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • shannieboo
    Options
    I have found it, How do these taste? Maybe its just me but I dont know if it would be good.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Weekend/Story?id=8052138&page=1
  • Vkoons3
    Vkoons3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    bump
  • anume08
    anume08 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • vmwelch1229
    vmwelch1229 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Which Green smoothie recipe do you use. I looked up Kimberly Synder and she has 3 different ones that I saw.
  • carrotstick
    Options
    Hi All - Here's the recipe!

The Green Smoothie delivers a load of vitamins and minerals because by blending vegetables and fruits you are essentially doing something called "pre-digestion" meaning the blending breaks down the cellular walls of the vegetables, releasing more of the nutrients that are then absorbed in your intestines. You would have to chew on vegetables for several hours to get the same amount of nutrients delivered in one smoothie.

Here's the recipe:

2 cups of water

Add one of the following:
    -one head of romaine or equivalent amount of either:
    -spinach
    -kale
    -swiss chard
    -red or green lettuce (not iceberg)
    *You'll want to switch up the main green every week or two (like one week all romaine, then all kale, then spinach, etc.)

Always add all these:
    1/3 bunch of flat-leaf parsley
    1/3 bunch of cilantro (draws out heavy metal toxins)
    2 celery stalks

Add Fruit (you can use whatever fruit you like, just use about 3 fruits or if you use berries, 1 cup for each fruit):
    1 apple
    1 pear
    1 banana

Add lemon juice from half a lemon.

All that will make a blender full or about 4, 12 oz drinks. I pour into glasses and cover with saran wrap and my husband and I each drink one every morning so that we only have to make the smoothies every other day. Use organic produce when possible to reduce the amount of pesticides and organic also contains 87% more nutrients.

The taste is actually pretty mild - kind of like eating a green applesauce. Since you're getting your nutrients from the smoothies instead of other, perhaps less healthful, sources, it really reduces cravings for sweet and salty things.

You can always adjust the recipe to your needs by adding more or fewer vegetables or fruit. Drink the smoothie slowly (no chugging) and allow 20 minutes before you decide to eat anything else.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I just picked up the book on Kindle for $9 a couple days ago. I agree with some of what she says and am excited to see what kind of progress I can make on this program.