Definately this Time!

Options
hello! My name is Yajaira, i want to lose weight, but i always tend to not stay committed but this time i am going for my goal of losing weight! I know with motivation and support i can definately do this! I really have let myself go this last year and gain about 35 pounds yikes! I need to get rid of my belly fat by i know it's a process, i'm really hoping to meet others that share the same goal as me!

Replies

• brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting started! My best piece of advice is make changes you can actually live with for life. I restricted so much my first time around that I eventually just broke and couldn't do it anymore and gained half my weight back!! So start slow, give yourself time to really learn what works for you. I found I really need protein for breakfast every day if I want to make it to lunch and avoid snacking, but I absolutely NEED an afternoon snack. Go figure. Without it I was munching all through cooking dinner, adding nearly 300 calories a day! Because I still ate the dinner I was cooking. Of course that's just my experience I just hope I can save at least one person from making a similar error. I totally plan on having a pop tart with peanut butter for a snack tomorrow and feel no guilt because I met my goals all week! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • yayaahh
    yayaahh Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! And yes i have done that where i was really hardcore and i ended up gaining a lot weight back! I've learned once so i hope it does not happen again!
  • karenmangan89
    karenmangan89 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey add me if you wish!! I'm in the same boat wanting to stick at this and look great, just has a baby 3 mths ago but hoping to be slimmer than I was pre baby!! Any motivation would be much appreciated and I'll try help you too!! :)
  • gebrown86
    gebrown86 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    In the past I didn't try very hard but now I am very motivated to make lifestyle changes and be healthy and look/feel my best. Let's do this!!