Pizza Crust

Options
I tend not to eat the crusts on pizza unless there's a dipping sauce so seems to me that eating those extra calories is pointless because I won't miss it if I don't.

The problem is, all of the pizza listings in the database include the crust or are thin crust pizzas.

Does anybody know the approximate nutritional value of an average/regular pizza crust so I can subtract while logging?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Pizza is tough because every region has different way's to make it. I would just pick on of the chains that is everywhere. Or you can enter thin NY Style, thick Chicago style, thick New England style, thin Neapolitan style.....What ever looks like the one you eat.
  • R_mageddon
    R_mageddon Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    The problem though is that all those entries include the edge crust which I don't tend to eat. I imagine that thick piece of dough has a decent amount of calories and carbs in it
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    maybe just log ".09" or."0.8" of a slice?
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    You will never be exact, just put it in and know you have a little extra at the end of the day. Those few calories and Carbs are not going to be that much for the day. I would not get too upset over it.
  • lmclaine
    lmclaine Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Excellent question, I had wondered that myself. I went to CiCi's the other day and and had a pile of crusts left and thought about all the unecessary calories on that plate that I would have normally stuffed in without thinking about it. I realize that the "topping" part of the pizza contains the majority of the calories but why eat a plain piece of cooked dough?
  • R_mageddon
    R_mageddon Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Exactly my thought
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I would go with the 0.9 piece rule or what another poster said and just chalk it up to bonus- there is probably some margin of error in the calorie count for the pizza anyway.