Frustrated by lack of weight loss while strictly keeping to my diet.

Options
ButtonBustingBelly
ButtonBustingBelly Posts: 5 Member
edited October 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I started my diet and exercise program 33 days ago. I have ran an hour every single day since then. 4 to 4.5 miles per day. Over 140 miles easily.

I have only lost 4 pounds. 198.5 to 194.5.

My diet is also very strict. I eat two cheat meals a week. I usually eat blended brocolli, Brazil nuts, bananas, plain chicken breast, dried sea weed, and whole eggs.

I drink only water. No bread. No sugar. No carbs besides veggies.

I used to be able to lose 2 pounds a week being less strict than this. It's like my metabolism is just shot.

Replies

• MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit is the only thing that will lead to weight loss. Are you weighing your foods? A big enough "cheat" during the week can wipe out an entire week's deficit if you're not careful.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You've lost just under a pound a week. That's perfectly fine. Not everyone can or should aim for two pounds per week. Keep to what you're doing and make sure you're logging everything as accurately as possible.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    Calorie deficit is the only thing that will lead to weight loss. Are you weighing your foods? A big enough "cheat" during the week can wipe out an entire week's deficit if you're not careful.

Yeah, that was my thought, too. Quantity of food is more important than quality of food, at least for weight loss.

I'd recommend weighing everything, and loosening the restrictions so you can work the "cheat" foods into your normal life without having cheat days at all. You actually end up having less bad food than if you do the cheat days, because now you have to work their calories in to your diet. You can't binge on four slices of cake on a "cheat day" so instead you work one slice into your normal week. I think paradoxically being less strict can lead to better eating over time.
  • ButtonBustingBelly
    Options
    Yeah. Logging my foods is going to be interesting. I would be shocked if I'm eating over 1500 a day.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Logging my foods is going to be interesting. I would be shocked if I'm eating over 1500 a day.

If you aren't logging/weighing things, you easily can be
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I'd say it's your 'cheat meals' that are effecting your deficit slightly.
    Go easier on these days - or even better, stick to your calorie allowance and log everything you eat. You can still enjoy the foods you love! :) I 'bank' some calories from during the week for my weekends.
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    Options
    Cor blimey aren't you bored living on that? Blended broccoli? That's pretty grim for a grown adult. :(
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

If you aren't logging/weighing things, you easily can be

This plus don't forget your cheat meals.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? A goal of 2 pounds per week, unless you are extremely short, is excessive. My guess is that you are not more than 50 pounds from your goal weight. A general guideline is .5 pounds of fat loss per 25 pounds you need to lose. That's not an absolute rule but it gives you an idea of something to shoot for. Even if you fudge it a bit you can see that 2 pounds per week is drastic.