Results with yayog?

Options
Had any one have before and after stats using yayog?

Replies

• sloseph
    sloseph Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    this is weird one, it's very highly praised and lot of people recommend it but I've seen very few people say they've done it or are doing it

I downloaded the app and thought it was quite good but didn't get past day 1 as my core strength was too rubbish to do most of the moves so I was disheartened and gave up

I plan to pick it up again at some point as it seemed pretty good but for now it's on the shelf
  • tayloralanj
    tayloralanj Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    YAYOG, never heard of it referred to as such, and/or the app,,,will check it out, thanks!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    when i get to my maitenance phase i plan on using it and i've seen people say it works on other sites and blogs but there doesn't seem to be a lot of people here who use it. or talk about it
    it seems there is a large focus on using weights here.
  • questionfear
    questionfear Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I am using it now. I am in week 7 of the beginner's program, and it is KICKING MY BUTT in a good way. I've lost ~15lbs since I started following it, though that's more diet than anything else. I do see a difference in my body, and I am definitely getting stronger. I couldn't do a floor pushup when I started, and could barely do an inverse row, and now I am able to bang out both of those.

One thing that's helped me is adding suspension straps into the mix. I feel like it's a lot easier to do rows with those instead of under my dining room table or with a towel wrapped around doorknobs. Adds a different level to the workout. Also, doing knee-high pushups off suspension straps instead of using a chair or the stairs-holy crap is that a harder workout!

Unless you're already well versed in bodyweight workouts, I'd start with the beginner program for sure. I thought I was in decent shape, and after my first week I had such bad delayed muscle soreness I had to take several days off. I am loving it though, and I think it's been a big boost to my overall strength; when we had a gym membership I was using Stronglifts, and while I got stronger in those 5 lifts it didn't help me with overall strength as much as YAYOG has. I am super excited to see what the intermediate level has to bring...I'm sure it will be painful!
  • jekks2015
    jekks2015 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I been using it for 5 weeks now but I'm not seeing the results I hoped for... Maybe I'm just impatient. Lol
  • questionfear
    Options
    Probably depends on a lot of things...what results are you hoping for?
  • jekks2015
    Options
    Well to lose body fat an retain or gain muscle. I used to lift weight and got a little bigger but now I'm trying to lean out. I haven't started the section where it has the tabatas will help.
  • jekks2015
    Options
    I am getting stronger though
  • questionfear
    Options
    I don't know how much weight loss to attribute to YAYOG specifically. I've been eating at a deficit, so I think that has more to do with it. I don't log the YAYOG workouts at all, since I don't know how to ballpark the calories burned. Instead I have my goal set to lose 1/2lb a week, which is slow for the ~25lbs I want to lose, but gives me a little more food to eat on days I strength train.

YAYOG has definitely started reshaping my body though-I see it in my lower legs and hips, and I have defined shoulders again. Tomorrow is my first tabatas workout with it, I am on week 7.
  • jekks2015
    Options
    I don't know how much weight loss to attribute to YAYOG specifically. I've been eating at a deficit, so I think that has more to do with it. I don't log the YAYOG workouts at all, since I don't know how to ballpark the calories burned. Instead I have my goal set to lose 1/2lb a week, which is slow for the ~25lbs I want to lose, but gives me a little more food to eat on days I strength train.

YAYOG has definitely started reshaping my body though-I see it in my lower legs and hips, and I have defined shoulders again. Tomorrow is my first tabatas workout with it, I am on week 7.

Thanks for the info. I been getting about 6 hours of sleep and working out 5 days a week. I just took a break for 4 days straight firm yayog and just started back up today and slept in more than usual. The workout was easier and it felt more productive. I'm on the first superset week. Maybe the rest is what I needed.
  • questionfear
    Options
    Sometimes you just need rest! Happens to me sometimes too.

FYI, the tabata workout was a killer. Stappers tomorrow, then likely a rest day.
  • jekks2015
    Options
    Should I take a rest day in between days or workout the 4 days in a row?
  • questionfear
    Options
    jekks2015 wrote: »

Whatever works best for you. I usually do 2-3 days in a row, then a day off, but mostly it depends on my schedule more than anything else.

BTW, stappers are HARD.

Also, while I will probably regret this, I realized that I am going into work later tomorrow, so I will probably do another round of tabatas tomorrow, then rest saturday.

I aim to do 4-5 days per week of YAYOG, and try to be flexible about rest vs workout days. I don't think theres a hard and fast rule on how to balance it.
  • jekks2015
    Options
    jekks2015 wrote: »

Whatever works best for you. I usually do 2-3 days in a row, then a day off, but mostly it depends on my schedule more than anything else.

BTW, stappers are HARD.

Also, while I will probably regret this, I realized that I am going into work later tomorrow, so I will probably do another round of tabatas tomorrow, then rest saturday.

I aim to do 4-5 days per week of YAYOG, and try to be flexible about rest vs workout days. I don't think theres a hard and fast rule on how to balance it.

Thanks for the info.
  • ekcarpenter
    ekcarpenter Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've just started the program and love the flexibility it provides. I travel a lot so that was my main motivation for using it. I've only done the beginner sets so far but have noticed increased flexibility and metabolism as I've done morning workouts. So far it's similar to yoga, I'll see if I feel the same after I graduate from beginner. BTW I've been using the app as my guide.
  • questionfear
    Options
    I've just started the program and love the flexibility it provides. I travel a lot so that was my main motivation for using it. I've only done the beginner sets so far but have noticed increased flexibility and metabolism as I've done morning workouts. So far it's similar to yoga, I'll see if I feel the same after I graduate from beginner. BTW I've been using the app as my guide.

Awesome! I use the app as well. How far along are you in the beginner sets?

I just started 1st class (intermediate), and it's definitely a bit tougher. But it's not impossibly so, just that it raises the bar a little bit (the first week is ladders, with one day of pushups/let me ups with straight legs/military press/let me ins and the alternating day with back lunges/romanian one legged deadlifts/toyotas/hyperextension OR russian twists). I was a little apprehensive about 7.5 minutes of Toyotas (jump squats) but they were fun.