how long did it take to lose a stone?

Options
Hi just wondering how long did it take you or how long would you think it would take to lose a stone? Iv been dieting end exercising for 3weeks now and have lost 4lbs but I feel disappointed that it's only 4lbs in 3weeks and felt like I should of lost more by now.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Four pounds in three weeks is excellent progress, especially for someone who only wants to lose a stone. Be patient, it takes some time when you aren't planning to lose much.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I lost at a 1/2b per week or a bit less (my calories were for a third of a lb to a half lb loss). So it did take like 28-30 weeks or so! I didn't mind, because it was easier (a very key point for me, lol!) and I was patient about the weight loss. I felt a bit 'chubby' and it didn't bother me much, honestly. But man, it's cooler to not have to worry about what clothes don't work, so I'm glad I saw it all the way through! Good luck :)

The time flies by fine if you are on a deficit that can become habit. It's aggravating at first if it's slow, but I wouldn't call yours slow! Just don't go too aggressive or that's so much harder and won't feel comfortable, imho. Your rate sounds nice if it doesn't leave you too hungry. The time goes by anyway, so just look long range :)
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    I passed my kidney stone in about 3 days (maybe 4?), and had some really nice painkillers meanwhile.

As for losing weight...
    If you're 100 lb or more overweight, it's reasonable & healthy & possible to lose 5 lb a week. I've done it.
    As you get closer to a healthy weight (the green zone on a BMI chart), you can lose less per week.
    If you're already at a healthy weight, it's going to be very slow.

Your ticker says you want to lose 10 lb.
    A reasonable goal would be 1 lb per month, and if you get 2 it's a victory.
  • kayleexbabeex
    kayleexbabeex Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thankyou for your replies. Yes I realise now I should be more patient as it's not going to happen overnight. I think before I used to be able to just drop weight easily but now it's alot harder, but I'm going to stick at it because atleast I am showing some progress rather than none at all.
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    It took me something like six months to lose a stone, I'm glad I've done it slowly and sensibly as I feel like I'm more likely to keep it off! As other people have said, aim for about half a pound a week as you're closer to your goal.
  • sakurablush
    sakurablush Posts: 104 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    So far I've been losing a stone every two months, but realistically I'm expecting the loses to slow down a bit now.
  • suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    It took me 10 weeks to lose a stone. I still have to lose another 25lbs and expect my weight loss to slow as I get nearer to my goal weight. Considering that I am 67 I'm very pleased, as it is supposed to get harder to lose weight as you get older.

Some weeks I lose 1lb and others 2lbs and no doubt I will get 0.5lbs and no loss weeks as time goes on. I weigh EVERYTHING on a digital scale. I plan my main meals for each week and do my utmost to eat a balanced, healthy diet [without going overboard]. I do not cut out any food group. I make sure I have my treats as well.

My activity level has gone from zero to fairly active [for my age] and I only eat about 25% of my exercise calories.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    It took me around 3 and a half weeks to lose 14 lbs :)