Losing Body Fat, not weight

Options
Hi all - Just wanted to run past people to make sure I am on the right track for my progress :)

Started tracking in early July where my body fat was sitting at 38% - today we have 34%. Weight loss in that period has been 3.4 kilos.

Just wanted to make sure that even though the scales aren't showing a huge loss in weight, I guess the Body Fat measurements are more encouraging?

Thanks all

Replies

• Protranser
    Protranser Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Hard to say... body fat seems to be somewhat difficult to accurately track. Scales with bio electrical impedance analysis have a notoriety of being inaccurate, as do calipers, body pod and some even say Dexa scans are inaccurate...

If the scale is not showing much movement, keep photos of yourself to compare and contrast. Observe the way your clothing fits you. Use a tape measure to measure inches lost over time. If all of those things aren't showing much movement, you need to have fewer calories consumed overall
  • purebells
    purebells Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thanks - I am using the tape measure and that is reducing each week - so I guess it is all a positive! :)
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Inches everyone sees, scales only you see id trust the tape everytime
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Inches trump pounds.