The 4 Hour Body

Options
Hello,
I was just wondering if anyone has or is trying the 4 Hour Body?
I currently read the book and it seem like a fast and easy plan to follow. Something I could follow. But before I invest too much time on it, I wanted to seek out for anyone who has any input on this diet. Did it work for you? Is it working? any suggestions or advices?
Thank you
Inoha

Replies

• mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    YOU WILL LEARN (IN LESS THAN 30 MINUTES EACH)
    How to prevent fat gain while bingeing (X-mas, holidays, weekends)
    How to increase fat-loss 300% with a few bags of ice
    How Tim gained 34 pounds of muscle in 28 days, without steroids, and in four hours of total gym time
    How to sleep 2 hours per day and feel fully rested
    How to produce 15-minute female orgasms
    How to triple testosterone and double sperm count
    How to go from running 5 kilometers to 50 kilometers in 12 weeks
    How to reverse “permanent” injuries
    How to add 150+ pounds to your lifts in 6 months

Sounds like complete BS to me. Sorry. There are no quick fixes. The gaining muscle one is physically impossible. Anything that promises to lose 20 lbs in 30 days and get 2 hours sleep is not going to be healthy.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    mirrim52 wrote: »
    How to prevent fat gain while bingeing (X-mas, holidays, weekends)
    How to increase fat-loss 300% with a few bags of ice
    How Tim gained 34 pounds of muscle in 28 days, without steroids, and in four hours of total gym time
    How to sleep 2 hours per day and feel fully rested
    How to produce 15-minute female orgasms
    How to triple testosterone and double sperm count
    How to go from running 5 kilometers to 50 kilometers in 12 weeks
    How to reverse “permanent” injuries
    How to add 150+ pounds to your lifts in 6 months

Sounds like complete BS to me. Sorry. There are no quick fixes. The gaining muscle one is physically impossible. Anything that promises to lose 20 lbs in 30 days and get 2 hours sleep is not going to be healthy.

Wow, as insane fad diets go, that's one of the worst I've seen.
  • Lorleee
    Lorleee Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    What the plan basically boils down to is eating lean meat and veggies 4meals a day, while staying clear of grains, dairy, fruit and sugary treats. Then you can eat what you want one day out of the week. Because your calories are quite reduced you will lose weight, but when it comes right down to it you don't need to follow this plan because you can eat the same number of calories (and lose weight) without eliminating food groups. Like instead of all the meat, why not eat some fruit and yogurt if you enjoy it? It's all going to add up the same so why deprive yourself, you know what I mean? People are drawn to plans like this because it provides structure and I think a lot of people find security in that and it helps to keep them on track. With this plan you do stay full because of all the protein, so there's that. But when you strip it down you'll see this guy is just making money by "packaging" a caloric deficit plan that anyone can do on their own without paying for a book. And without denying themselves the benefits of fruits and dairy.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

....How Tim gained 34 pounds of muscle in 28 days, without steroids, and in four hours of total gym time...
    That alone would be enough to max out my BS meter and send me running in the other direction. My suggestion or advice would be to stay as far away as possible from anybody who makes ridiculous claims like that.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

....How Tim gained 34 pounds of muscle in 28 days, without steroids, and in four hours of total gym time...
    That alone would be enough to max out my BS meter and send me running in the other direction. My suggestion or advice would be to stay as far away as possible from anybody who makes ridiculous claims like that.

Yeah, unless he spent other hours of the day at the butchers, sticking bits of meat to himself a la Lady Gaga, that's didn't happen....
  • d3gus
    d3gus Posts: 97 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Claims aside I have been 'dieting' since sept 2014 using mfp and restricting my calories, this worked ok until around xmas time ( i had lost 40lb ) - I then stalled big time and i mean big time i tried all different things increase cardio. increase lifts, reduce calories, increase calories, then someone suggested the four hour body.. now taking away the stupid claims and sticking to the actual food - this is something i can do - never hungry - and have since i started august lost 15lb. I know this is some cockamany diet, I have not read the book however have just taken on the principles - on the cheat day i have puddings , dairy, fruit, potatoes etc. i then go back to eating veg and meat during the week - no great hardship and by cutting the 'sugar' out of my diet i don't have sugar cravings - win win in my book - sorry for those that don't agree but i say it as i find - and at the moment i feel great, exercise, eat as much as i want and at the end of the week still lose weight.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    If the stuff mirim quoted is true, it's a bunch of hokum, obviously.

That 15 minute deal, though. If it didn't kill a person, that's worth looking into. ;)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    If the stuff mirim quoted is true, it's a bunch of hokum, obviously.

That 15 minute deal, though. If it didn't kill a person, that's worth looking into. ;)

Heh.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I read the book back when it came out. Tim Ferris is pretty much a scam artist. But I like trying new diet plans so I gave it a whirl. I didn't last past the first day. I think he had you eating black beans all the time. I got bored with it.

The 15 minute orgasm chapter -- I'm pretty sure he wrote it to give himself a leg up when picking up girls. He wasn't promising 15-minute LONG female orgasms. Just a way of spending 15 minutes with your hand to cause an orgasm. 15 minutes is a long time. I don't think he had anything revolutionary there.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I read the book back when it came out. Tim Ferris is pretty much a scam artist. But I like trying new diet plans so I gave it a whirl. I didn't last past the first day. I think he had you eating black beans all the time. I got bored with it.

The 15 minute orgasm chapter -- I'm pretty sure he wrote it to give himself a leg up when picking up girls. He wasn't promising 15-minute LONG female orgasms. Just a way of spending 15 minutes with your hand to cause an orgasm. 15 minutes is a long time. I don't think he had anything revolutionary there.

Thank you for letting us know that! I wondered if he actually said it was possible, lol. :)