Did you dream about trying to eat at night?

Options
I am eating 1500 kcal per day, at night I am constantly dreaming trying to get more food on my mouth. Shall I eat some Light food before bed, or eat more during the day? If I went to bed without hunger, mostlikely, I won't loose weight for that day. But those hunger dreams are really interrupt my sleep.

Replies

• OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Save some calories to eat a snack before bed. You may be eating all your calories too early and leaving yourself hungry at night
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    It looks like you don't have much weight to lose. Is your calorie deficit too severe? If you're so hungry that you're repeatedly dreaming of food, it's time to eat some more calories.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,038 Member
    Options
    About once a month, I dream that I'm at a large table full of food ... and I eat most of it. Such a relief to wake up. :)
  • afatpersonwholikesfood
    Options
    I sometimes dream about food. I usually assume that I didn't eat enough the day before or that I've been too restrictive in my food choices.
  • ilovecereal1982
    ilovecereal1982 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Oooooh man not only do I dream of food...I also wake up and eat food...eat and eat and eat....late night eating just tastes good am I right? ??? It's like my taste buds are all enhanced and my tongue wants everything!!!
  • kissedbythesunshine
    kissedbythesunshine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    The other night I had a dream my husband cooked and ate all the sausages from me. We got into a argument and I told him I wanted a divorce. It was such a stupid dream because I don't even eat sausages like that. When I told my husband about the dream he laughed and said it's the slim fast shakes lol. I need to eat real food.
  • ilovecereal1982
    ilovecereal1982 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I'd still be pissed if someone ate all my sausages....especially if i planned a nice sausage breakfast and then I go to get the sausages and guess what....no sausage...so I open the trash....and guess what...empty sausage package...and then guess what...broken heart.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    lshpeng wrote: »
    I am eating 1500 kcal per day, at night I am constantly dreaming trying to get more food on my mouth. Shall I eat some Light food before bed, or eat more during the day? If I went to bed without hunger, mostlikely, I won't loose weight for that day. But those hunger dreams are really interrupt my sleep.

I would definitely save some calories for a bedtime snack. :)
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Hah back when I was unhealthy and fasting for days at a time, I would dream about eating all the time. I would wake up wondering if my fast was broken or not. It was my body's way of telling me I needed to eat.

So I second what others are saying. Save some calories for later at night and it should ease up.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I haven't dream about food as such but I have 'slept talked' about food! Haha!
    My boyfriend woke me up the next morning and said " You were shouting 'It's not fair, you can eat the chicken pie and I can't'"! I laughed. A lot!

Also I'll echo everyone else - if you are hungry, listen to your body and eat. Save some calories especially for your night time snacks. If you don't use them, bank them for another day :)
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    No, but last night I dreamed that my boyfriend asked me to provide him with higher protein snack options. In the dream I gave him a rundown of all the ones we have in the pantry and fridge. This morning I wasn't sure if it had happened for real or not.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I used to dream that I would eat a whole pan of lasagna (I don't even really like lasagna anymore), or I would dream that I would mindlessly eat a bunch of junk food.
  • eliaus3640
    eliaus3640 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I had these really amazing dream about eating a cookie and it was great because I woke up feeling like I'd really eaten it but without the calories. One of my favorite dreams lol.
  • Jg04811
    Jg04811 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I had a dream that I ate a WHOLE large pizza to myself then went to Mcdonalds....Woke up satisfied. HAHA
  • lshpeng
    lshpeng Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the late reply. I changed my phone. Since I added more protein in my diet, I did not have that much eating dream any more. I hate the fact that my dreams were always like this: trying to get a lot of carbs food, but never got them in my mouth, either waiting and waiting, or someone else ate them. LoL
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I can't say I've dreamed about food that I remember. I don't go to bed hungry though.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it is like addiction dreams if you are breaking food addictions.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    I can't remember the last time I had a dream about anything. Like, I know you do dream, but I never remember them when I wake up if I have them.