Need to lose 40lbs, need some friends

Options
I finally got to the point where I can't stand this excess weight any longer. I feel disgusting, out of shape and like I can't live my life to the fullest with this extra 40lbs. My final straw came after Warrior Dash earlier this month. I only could not do one obstacle (freaked a bit on two others, but ultimately did them) and Ii walked more than ran, but I had a lot of fun and darn it, I want to do it again and even better than before.

Anyways, the hardest thing is how little time I have to workout: working 14 hour days is the norm so time is quite the luxury. I'm hoping to workout 4 days a week/30 minutes a day. I'm trying to change my eating but when time to eat or prepare foods is also at a premium, fast food and instant garbage have been staples. Working towards better food choices...actually had my last soda today (will be switching to sparkling water for my bubbly, sweet drink needs).

It's going to be a long, slow journey, but I think that's for the best. When I've lost weight quickly in the past, it never stayed off for longer than a year. Realistically, I'm aiming to lose a half a pound to a pound a week. I think with my schedule and past experience, that's my best chance for success.

For runs this year, I'm planning on the Monster Mud Run at Loon Mountain, Incredible Inflateable 5k down the Cape and another Warrior Dash. Ready or not, I will be at every one of those, pushing myself to the finish.

If you've made it this far in my get-everything-off-my-chest ramblings, thank you, it was rather theraputetic. Feel free to add me and definitely share your story.

Replies

• rnohou2010
    rnohou2010 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the boards! You'll find lots of support and encouragement here. Your goals are ambitious but you seem to have the determination to achieve them. Good luck!
  • MrsCaitlinBeltran
    MrsCaitlinBeltran Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Friend request sent! :)
  • kristen5193
    kristen5193 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 40 pounds also and need some friends to keep me motivated. Have lost 10 to 15 pounds on several occasions in the past but have gained it all back each time. I have finally decided it is time to get serious but I am afraid that with my busy schedule life will get in the way again. I have a hard time finding time for exercise with two kids and a full time stressful job. I know I need to make this a priority but it isn't easy.