Breastfeeding

Options
How do I make note that I am breastfeeding to help calculate calories? Is it even possible?

Replies

• galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I would eat at very slight deficit while feeding as what youeat affects baby supply. I breast fed my 3 babies and I lost 10lb everytime I stopped as the body holds on to a bit of fat to keep supply healthy
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    How do I make note that I am breastfeeding to help calculate calories? Is it even possible?

In your food log, search for breastfeeding. There are negative entries, meaning that they add to your calorie goal rather than subtract from your calorie budget. There are several entries so pick the one that matches the best (I believe they differ by either age of child or how often you breastfeed.)
  • pineygirl
    pineygirl Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I use the one in the food log. It goes by ounces and I know I pump 5oz per day. I only breastfeed a little before he goes to bed so I don't count that as I don't make much milk anymore. I'm eating at a pretty big deficit and I havent noticed a drop in supply. My DS is 14 months old so he also eats solids and drinks cows milk.
  • Bowsergirl
    Bowsergirl Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I don't log my breastfeeding, but make sure to eat back all my exercise calories.
    I'm losing weight pretty quickly and haven't had a problem with my milk supply.
  • Eliz_99
    Eliz_99 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I logged breastfeeding. For exclusive breastfeeding it logs 500 negative calories.