25 from MA and looking to lose 155 and gain a heathy lifestyle

Options
I'm looking to meet some other health conscious people who are really trying to better their life. My story about my journey so far is below. It's a little lengthy but I figured I'd share just incase someone else needs to see that it's really possible to start trying to be healthier regardless of your current weight :smile:

So I have been very overweight (for my age) since I was about 10, I am now 25. Being overweight is an issue that unfortunately was common in my family due to a multitude of factors. I moved away from home when I was 18 and continued those same bad eating habits and was not very active (but did have an active job where I was standing and moving around all day, which helped a lot). When I was 22 I decided I wanted to try and lose weight for the first time in my life. I was on a pre-packaged meal plan called Medifast and I was able to lose 115 pounds in 10 months. Losing that much weight that quickly is not only unsafe but it is also a totally mind and (personal) world altering process. The very different attention from people that I was all of a sudden having to deal with was scary at many points. I wasn't really prepared to lose that much weight that quickly and the very quick shift was just a lot to deal with. Over the next year I unfortunately gained about 135 pounds and topped out at 335. I stayed around that weight for about 1 year before I was willing to admit that I have an issue and that I need help getting ready to lose literally at least half of my body weight. I started seeing an eating disorder/behavioral counselor and she has been very helpful over the last year. About a month ago I started participating in a medical weight loss program through my work (I work for a hospital corporation). So far I'm down 5 pounds and thankfully I was able to take many blood tests to ensure that I don't have any health related issues that will slow down my progress. I am in perfect health (with the exception of my weight) so I want to get the ball rolling on my weight loss now before the weight related issues start happening.

Replies

• haydita
    haydita Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am currently on the medifast plan. Although I haven't lost the weight as quickly as the program was set up for me to. My beginning weight was 224 and have lost 15 lbs. The biggest challenge I have found is getting in the required protein amounts and the fifth medifast meal.