Simple Healthy Chicken Breast Dinners

Options
I am tired of making the same chicken breast with pepper, garlic, and seasoned salt for dinner. Do you have any ideas on other recipes that are simple ways to make chicken that do not take a lot of time and taste good? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Even if you have some links to websites you use that would be great. Thank you for your time.

Replies

• The_Weaze
    The_Weaze Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Chicken Parm: coat with Italian breadcrumbs (optional) and bake, add tomato sauce and a bit of mozzarella & parm on top, broil to melt cheese.

Jalapeno Popper Chicken: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/04/cheesy-jalapeno-popper-baked-stuffed.html
  • 19gabriela01
    19gabriela01 Posts: 2,090 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Nutmeg is very nice with chicken. Or smoked paprika powder. Or just cook the chicken and then shredded add to salad. I also love to add yoghurt or cottage cheese
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Mine is very similar to @GSlate . I make chicken schnizel, which is chicken breast pounded flat, dredged in order with flour, egg/milk mixture, and bread crumbs. I add various seasonings depending on my mood to the flour and the bread crumbs.
  • daremightythings
    daremightythings Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm making blue cheese chicken tonight!

Throw your chicken in a baking dish. Prick with a fork several times, season with salt and pepper. Slather dressing of choice on chicken, let marinate for 10-15 minutes - I just preheat my oven and let it sit till the oven is ready. Bake at 350 for 14-16 minutes and nom.

I use Bolthouse Farms or Opa Greek Yogurt dressings. Blue cheese, ranch, chioptle, feta dill, anything you can mix into yogurt. It helps tenderize the chicken and adds another bit of protein.
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    -Ceasar Salad with canola sauteed chicken
    -Chicken Vegetable soup
    -Backed chicken with a low calorie sauce (bbq, tomato sauce w/parmesian cheese, cream of mushroom)
    -Veggies Stir fry with chicken

**I would really recommend pinterest ;)
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Do you have a crock pot? There are loads of different ways to make a healthy chicken breast dinner. I love to make enough soups that I can take left overs to lunch.
    Do you have a grill? marinating in different oils, herbs and spices can make a huge difference.
    baking is fun, but add some tomatoes, a good marinade and some cheese on top. Yummy!
  • Pup12
    Pup12 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have a crock pot, but no grill. Thanks for all the idea's. I was really getting tired of the same thing.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Coat them in taco seasoning, throw a jar of salsa on top, then bake. Add cheese about five minutes before they're done.
  • Lathandria
    Lathandria Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I made this chicken for lunch today. Take 2 chicken tenderloins, 1/4 cup of Ragu Roasted Garlic Parmesan sauce, and about a half cup of Broccoli (you can have as much as you want really) I shred the chicken after I saute it and just mix it all in a bowl. Its around 300 calories and very tasty!

I make a LOT of chicken for lunch and dinner so I understand it can get boring. Definitely try looking at some crock pot recipes. One I found for the crock pot is very simple. Take a couple chicken breasts, cook them in a pan, add to the crock pot and pour salsa on top. Leave it in the crock pot for about 4 hours. Very tasty and easy!
  • angel_of_harmony
    angel_of_harmony Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I love to cook recipes with chicken. So far my favorites include soaking about a pound of chicken in 1/2 cup lime juice for at least 2 hours. Also, I once used steak marinade and left the chicken in it over night; we used half a bottle and cooked 2lbs chicken. It was cracked pepper, garlic, and lemon flavored. Then we cut it up and put it on kabobs with mushrooms; then grilled it and used the excess marinade to brush on while cooking. They were delicious!
  • finnsgma
    finnsgma Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I do a dry rub of crushed garlic, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper and throw it on the grill. Delish!
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I use a lot of McCormick marinade packets, especially the Grill Mates. Just use 1/2 c water and the powder (no oil like the packet suggests. And depending on the flavor I am using I will add a splash of apple cider vinegar). I can usually get about 6 chicken breasts in the marinade. I bought a grill pan for my stove and it was a great investment. You can also sautee the chicken after its been marinated and its just as good. Some of my favorites are Baja Citrus, Carolina Country, and Mojito Lime. Make a bunch and add it to a big salad for lunch :)
  • skinnyutahgurl
    skinnyutahgurl Posts: 19 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    •I like to make Thunder Thighs. I mix 1/2 C. Soy sauce with 1/2 C. Sriracha sauce and marinate boneless thighs. I cook them on the Forman Grill, but they can be baked. Use less Sriracha if you don't like spicy food.
    •Or add frozen boneless skinless chicken breast to a crockpot. Add a packet of taco seasoning, small can corn, drained, can black beans, drained and Rotel tomatoes with chiles. Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours or til done. Serve over brown rice or cooked riced cauliflower.
    •Roll boneless skinless chicken tenders in ranch dressing, top with shredded cheddar and Parmesan. Bake!
    •Pan fry chicken breast sprinkled with garlic salt, then when done, top with chopped green onion, bacon bits and shredded Monterey Jack cheese. Put lid on and melt.
    •Add frozen b/s chicken to crockpot, add 1 or 2 cans of cream of chicken soup, 1/2 cube ff/lf cream cheese cut up and sprinkle one packet dry Italian dressing over top. Cover and cook 7-8 hours. When done stir and break chicken up. Can serve over mashed potatoes, noodles, rice, veggies. I will have it plain or over steam Cali blend veggies.
  • lmeeks66
    lmeeks66 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Put chicken breast in bowl toss with pesto (store bought just fine) bake in oven. 400 for 25 minutes then top with roma tomato slices and mozzarella. Bake for 10 minutes longer.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Do you have a Savory Spice store near you? They also sell online...
    I keep 12-15 of their spice blends on hand & dredge my proteins in them before searing in a cast iron skillet. Lots of variety for little effort. Some of my favorites:
    Coastal California Fennel Pollen Rub
    Park Hill Maple Spice & Pepper
    Cherry Creek Seafood Blend
    Buck town Brown Mustard & Honey Rub
    Beacon Hill Earl Grey Tea Rub
    Black River Creole Seasoning
    Mt Olympus Greek Spice Rub
    Chaat Masala
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    just vary your spice mix. try lemon pepper, italian herbs, mexican, curry, greek...whatever!

My 2 favs for quick and easy - marinate in light italian dressing and then fry in 1 tbsp of butter and cook in 1 cup of marinara, then top with motz cheese (allow the cheese to melt). Both take virtually no time and are delicious!
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    try different sauces, like bbq, marinades, salsa....
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Marinades are your friend! Cheap too. Teriyaki, sesame orange, garlic herb. I like to make my own using chilli garlic paste, soy sauce, plum sauce and rice vinegar. Pinterest will have endless ideas as well.

Grilling adds great flavor as well.

If you have the calories, I would suggest trying chicken thighs. I was completely against this until my boyfriend made me taste his thighs vs my breast. I haven't grilled a chicken breast since!
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    ASKyle wrote: »
    Marinades are your friend! Cheap too. Teriyaki, sesame orange, garlic herb. I like to make my own using chilli garlic paste, soy sauce, plum sauce and rice vinegar. Pinterest will have endless ideas as well.

If you have the calories, I would suggest trying chicken thighs. I was completely against this until my boyfriend made me taste his thighs vs my breast. I haven't grilled a chicken breast since!

Totally stealing that marinade recipe :)

Also, you may want to rephrase that last part. Haha!
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    ASKyle wrote: »

Totally stealing that marinade recipe :)

Also, you may want to rephrase that last part. Haha!

HAHA, I didn't even notice that! Happy humpday :)