Energy?

Options
For the last couple of days I've felt down and out! I've been drinking water non-stop, eating "right" (even though some days I've gone over my calories it's been "healthy" food and not chips, candy etc) I've tried to exercise but last night I could only do 15 mins and I was completely wiped out! I've been getting a good night's sleep but I'm still wanting to crash all afternoon or eat to stay awake.

What's your tips for energy? (other than carbs/protein and exercise?)

Replies

• Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    For the last couple of days I've felt down and out! I've been drinking water non-stop, eating "right" (even though some days I've gone over my calories it's been "healthy" food and not chips, candy etc) I've tried to exercise but last night I could only do 15 mins and I was completely wiped out! I've been getting a good night's sleep but I'm still wanting to crash all afternoon or eat to stay awake.

What's your tips for energy? (other than carbs/protein and exercise?)
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    I take a multivitamin ... that does it for me. That and coffee :drinker:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Rest for a couple days and eat maintenance. What % of carbohydrates have you been eating, and how intense/long are your workouts? If you've been working really hard and maintaining a deficit without resting or eating maintenance/above, it's possible that your glycogen levels have run a little low and now your legs feel like lead.
  • redsrandomthoughts
    Options
    I take a multi vitamin as well and I take MegaT Green Tea supplement. 6pm is my crash time. And sure enough when I take mega t twice a day as recommended and my vitamin I am good to go all day long.

Good luck!
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Take walking breaks instead of coffee breaks!

In the winter, a brisk walk through the cold gives me a jolt when I hit the mid-afternoon slump...
    In the summer, I walk to a bench on the waterfront by my office and soak up the sun for 10 min... :glasses:
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    It has been a few days... did you find something that works for you?
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's stress? I always get slouchy when I'm stressed. In that case destress! a hot bubble bath followed by a massage from your fave man followed by a pizza and your favourite movie. ahhhhhhhhh I could go for that, lol. :flowerforyou: Hope you're doing better!
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Ginseng works too. Maybe your body is trying to get you to slow down a bit. Don't workout as much, or make sure you have a good Potein and Carb meal 15 min to working out. Also have the same after. Protein is very important for muscle growth and rebuilding.:drinker:
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    MUSIC.... Some pumped up or hard rock always gets me motivated... the louder the better!
  • Imogene
    Imogene Posts: 12
    Options
    First of all before you do anything, maybe you should get that checked out with a doctor.

Last year, I was so tired I could barely make it through a day. I was eatting right and going to the gym, basically living a healthy lifestyle. Everyday I was sleeping more and staying tired more. After a trip to the emergency room one morning I found out I had a problem with my blood, which was why I was so tired. After months of steriods my blood is okay, but the thing I should have went to the doctor months before when I first began to feel so tired. I could have saved myself a lot of problems.

Hopefully you don't have any medical problems, but better safe than sorry, right?
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Most people forget minerals. When you are dieting and drinking a lot of water you need to replenish minerals, too, not just vitamins. I take a good calcium, potassium, and magnesium supplement that has other minerals in whole food forms. Make sure your calcium is citrate or it won't do you any good. Potassium is especially important because it is key to muscle function and your heart as you know is a muscle.:bigsmile:

Amy
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter