Fat burners?

Options
I hate taking meds but was at the gym and saw some pills that help you burn fat and give you energy, my question is.. are they healthy to take? I mean as long as I continue to work out and eat my calories will these mess me up?
http://mystore.24hourfitness.com/product_details.php?item=843066011029&pf_id=843066011029

and the one that is caffine free is

http://mystore.24hourfitness.com/product_details.php?item=843066011005&pf_id=843066011005

I just need that energy and of course I would like to speed my weight loss up.
Wendy

Replies

• changeofluck
    Options
    try taking magnesium that's a vitamin and gives you energy. I am quite sure that is so much more healthier than any gimmick pill
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Most of these are a waste of money, I started taking natural b12
    about 4 months ago (per Dr's orders) I take one caplet a day
    the difference in my energy is unreal! I get them at walmarts
    2 bottles for 5 bucks spring vally natural brand
  • Driagnor
    Driagnor Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    To be quite honest, the effect that any of these pills will have on your metabolism are negligible. Doing an extra 5 minutes on any one of the cardio machines will probably burn more calories than any of these pills will.
  • Syntax_Error
    Syntax_Error Posts: 77 Member
    Options

^This. I've been taking a B-Complex which is pretty much the pill form of the 5hr energy drinks. Combined with my daily multi-vit, I've noticed a big difference in energy level. With all the B vitamins, you can also throw sweet rave parties with your glow in the dark pee......
  • Mals1805
    Mals1805 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I was in GNC yesterday asking about this as well. I have tried to cut out caffine in all(no soda's, chocolate, coffee) the guy was telling me about some kind of shake that is called a Lean Shake made by GNC. It has no caffine in it and you can get them ready to drink (no mixing, just chill and serve) or you can buy the pre-mix and drink it with water or milk. He said that it is full of protien and it gives you more energy. I am going to try that. I have read and heard from a lot of people that the fat burners are just temporay, and when you stop using them, you gain the weight back plus more. I would do my research but I hope I was a bit helpful!!
  • MsLadyVirgo
    MsLadyVirgo Posts: 160 Member
    Options

^This. I've been taking a B-Complex which is pretty much the pill form of the 5hr energy drinks. Combined with my daily multi-vit, I've noticed a big difference in energy level. With all the B vitamins, you can also throw sweet rave parties with your glow in the dark pee......

LMBO
  • volfan22
    volfan22 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I take Nutrex Lipo 6 For Her (4 per day - 2 prior workout and 2 with lunch), MRM Smart Blend CLA/GLA Omega Fatty Acids (4 per day - same as Lipo 6) - both are fat burners and give me plenty of energy without the jitters. I live by my supplements - I take more (mostly a vitamin, 5-HTP, and Gingko Biloba). Its a lot - but they work for me.
  • googagene
    googagene Posts: 32
    Options
    [

[/quote]

True Dat. lol!
  • ladybugz_247
    ladybugz_247 Posts: 120
    Options
    Thank you guys, I was wondering about this.. oh and hey I'm going to EDC so that rave pee might come in handy..lol ewwww
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Elle_Jamaicangirl81 Posts: 418 Member
    Options

I just need that energy and of course I would like to speed my weight loss up.
    Wendy

Just remember you didnt put on weight overnight... so it can't come off (healthy) overnight neither...you'll do fine!

as for them pills? eehhh, i dunno about it... take vitamins and from i'm seeing B-complex will give u more energy.
  • jocelynlewis
    Options

Yes I get the B12 short from the Dr Office