21 Day Fix

Options
What are y'all's opinions on the 21 day fix? I'm going to start it tomorrow. I've seen good and bad about it, so I thought I would give it a try.

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Not at all practical for recipes & restaurant food. Maintenance will include those foods for me....I'd rather just log "regular food" so I know what to expect.

Weight Watchers exchanges (the program that 21 Day Fix copies) is far more flexible. No 1/2 or 1/4 exchanges to manage. If you don't have worksheets for 1/2 and 1/4....look on Pinterest.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    My thoughts? I can stuff a whole lot of calories into overpriced tupperware if I want to.

There's much more effective and cheaper ways to lose weight.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    A food scale is cheaper.
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I started today... I have alot of friends who have done it and they have had amazing results...
  • alyssarenea1996
    alyssarenea1996 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    @TeaBea
    @juggernaut1974
    @queenliz99
    @kcrow4102
    I thought it might be worth a try at least. :) I'll continue my logging, the exercise DVD it comes with, and my normal exercise while doing it.
  • alyssarenea1996
    Options
    I figured it can't really hurt as long as I'm meeting my calories.
  • queenliz99
    Options
    @TeaBea
    @juggernaut1974
    @queenliz99
    @kcrow4102
    I thought it might be worth a try at least. :) I'll continue my logging, the exercise DVD it comes with, and my normal exercise while doing it.

Try it. Let us know how you did.
  • Lu_wallace06
    Lu_wallace06 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Are you doing the shakes aswell?
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    It's not a horrible system, it's just overpriced and similar programs are available for cheap or free. If you've already bought into it, make the best of it and enjoy the workout DVDs. The containers are just a spin on the old exchange type system that Weight Watchers and others used. You can use them or not, but it wouldn't hurt to use the food scale as a backup to see how much you really get to eat.

The big challenge will be to avoid getting sucked into BeachBody's overpriced supplement and shake MLM system. That's where BB makes a good chunk of their money, you'll get contacted by "coaches" who will try to convince you that you won't see any results without getting Shakeology or other supplements.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    OP, I have never used the containers because counting calories here works just fine for me and they seem silly.

I love the workouts! They are all @ half an hour and a great mix of cardio and strength, and they can be as easy or as tough as you want them to be.
    I don't like hearing her plug the shake in every workout, but I just shake my fist at the TV whenever she does and then get back to it. Otherwise I think she does a great job cuing and keeping a good pace. Good luck!
  • alyssarenea1996
    Options
    @Lu_wallace06 - No, I don't think so. I make my own shakes for breakfast when I have time. I would never do this if I had to buy it - super overpriced! - but my Nana is a huge fad dieter so she already owns all the stuff and I thought I might give it a try :)
    @queenliz99
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

I haven't used it personally, but have heard good reviews of the DVDs.
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    It's not a horrible system, it's just overpriced and similar programs are available for cheap or free. If you've already bought into it, make the best of it and enjoy the workout DVDs. The containers are just a spin on the old exchange type system that Weight Watchers and others used. You can use them or not, but it wouldn't hurt to use the food scale as a backup to see how much you really get to eat.

The big challenge will be to avoid getting sucked into BeachBody's overpriced supplement and shake MLM system. That's where BB makes a good chunk of their money, you'll get contacted by "coaches" who will try to convince you that you won't see any results without getting Shakeology or other supplements.

I agree with this ^
  • alyssarenea1996
    Options

I agree with this ^

Yeah, I'm not buying anything, my Nana already owns it all - and I make my own shakes so I don't need their shakeology! haha
  • extacymoon
    extacymoon Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I have it and used the containers at first just to get portion sizing down. I log my calories and will use the workouts. It has good variety and with 30 minutes it is doable. I hope you enjoy it.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options

I agree with this ^

Yeah, I'm not buying anything, my Nana already owns it all - and I make my own shakes so I don't need their shakeology! haha

You're doing it right! Carry on!

:)
  • SolotoCEO
    SolotoCEO Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Biggest danger - you just wasted money. If you follow proper portion sizes - you don't need to use their containers to measure. Measuring cups and a food scale is much cheaper - and much more accurate.
  • alyssarenea1996
    Options
    SolotoCEO wrote: »
    Biggest danger - you just wasted money. If you follow proper portion sizes - you don't need to use their containers to measure. Measuring cups and a food scale is much cheaper - and much more accurate.

I'm horrible with portion sizes - that's one of my main problems
  • queenliz99
    Options

Have you seen this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY
  • FJcntdwn2sknyluv
    FJcntdwn2sknyluv Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I found a bit torrent of the workouts and downloaded them. I love beach body workouts, 21 Day fix is cool, I like that it's about a half and hour and at the end of it you KNOW you worked out! But the rest of that company is crap!
    Over priced crap supplements and a pyramid scam.
    SO I just do my own lower carb diet and do the workouts.. I've been finding hip hop abs ad turbo jam at goodwill alot lately, I've gotten a few of their workouts there for like 4 bucks!
  • alyssarenea1996
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Have you seen this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY

I hadn't seen that! I will definitely be looking into buying a food scale.