Kudos to YOU (yes, YOU.)

Options
Give yourself a pat on the back from me today! You are on this site, you are working for results and you are motivated and doing it! I'm tire of seeing people whine about how they'd like to be fit or in better shape, but than not willing to put out the effort necessary to get there and giving up. But you are here, and it's obvious by the fact that you are reading this that you are serious about your health. So, Kudos to YOU! Keep up the great work, and make today a great day! :happy:

Feel free to add me!

Replies

• NicolCook
    NicolCook Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Thanks and same goes for you!! :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • kellyyjean
    kellyyjean Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Kudos to you too :flowerforyou:
  • misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Same goes to you!
  • Amers85
    Amers85 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! What kind and inspiring words. The same goes to you. You and everyone else on this site is amazing for working so hard for their goals.
  • Mamapengu
    Mamapengu Posts: 250
    Options
    I agree- everyone here at least has a goal and is working toward it, that is so much more than the majority of people I meet. I had a physical today and the MD did not think I'd lost weight (really? I've probably lost about 25 lbs since I last saw her) and commented that my Bp and pulse was 'low.' She didn't seem to remember that 2 years ago she was going to put me on meds because they were both so high! I never filled the Rx and started to run. But, the whole time she kept making comments about how I looked younger, she wished she had a 'slim' shape like I do (really??), and how healthy I was. It's sad, so many of us (in and out of the medical field) know what needs to be done, know they are not healthy, but don't take the steps needed to make a difference for ourselves! Congrats to everyone who is trying- you are making a difference!!!
  • MaruManic
    MaruManic Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank you for such kind words. :) made my day to read. Have a good one yourself!
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    That's so thoughtful - I loved your post! Kudo's to you too!

Mamapengu - It sounds like your MD didn't review your chart before seeing you this time. I agree that DR's are too quick to write that perscription. Last year when I had my physical I mentioned that I had heartburn frequently and I was immediately sent for an endoscopy. That DR wrote me an antacid perscription. I researched a few things on line, changed my diet, cut way back on coffee and never filled the perscription. Heartburn went away completely!

You are doing great - your DR should have been congratulating you!! Looks like you met goal #3 - what's your next goal?
  • Mamapengu
    Mamapengu Posts: 250
    Options

You are doing great - your DR should have been congratulating you!! Looks like you met goal #3 - what's your next goal?

Thanks, Not sure, but I think 141- that was always the weight I felt comfortable in my skin before. And, I got a new NSV today running a 5k under 30min!
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Thanks, the same goes right back to you :)