I need motivation...

Options
I have been doing terrible ever since Memorial Weekend. We went camping and I ate just about everything you could possibly make on a campfire and then some. I've put back on most of the weight I've lost and have not had any motivation to exercise at all. Help get me back on track!

Replies

• ashley26704
    ashley26704 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Whenever i have bad days, I just think to myself, it happened and theres no taking it back now, the only thing you can do is try and make a positive outcome out of it and burn off those extra calories! :flowerforyou:
  • krise813
    krise813 Posts: 1
    Options
    start fresh today and work hard to keep an eye on intake and calories. im no expert but give yourself a break and realize you are human. today a new day to begin again. good luck!
  • mosneakers
    mosneakers Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I'm with you!!! The first day back is going to suck, but make it through that day and you'll be on the slow but steady track to health! I've been eating horribly for the past two days and I feel so blah right now - it has to end! It will end! I worked out this morning and didn't want to do it the whole time. But, I finished and feel much better!
    Just remember that you can do it and that no food tastes as good as health (and being 'skinny') feels!
    Friend request sent your way.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    It happens; that's what makes this website so great...there are so many people willing to encourage you! Start fresh today; we're rooting for you!
  • peralescm
    peralescm Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Write down the pros and cons of getting back on track. Sometimes writing it and seeing it helps a lot. Sit in front of the mirror and make a decision of who YOU want to see in that mirror. You can do this. Never give up and never give in!! YOU have to fight for this. Good Luck!!
  • capricorn144
    capricorn144 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I am one of those people that can't take a "break" or have a cheat day in the weightloss phase of a program. That's me.

But if you can look at it like "this is for the rest of your life" that little setback will be old news and you will just get back on the path and go forward.

My fails over the years with permanent weightloss has been because I just went back to my old patterns (eating as much of anything I felt like...ie no awareness of how much I was eating) getting control back feels good...maybe that control will spur you on to overcome this.

you can do it.:smile:
  • pixieval
    pixieval Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I had a weekend like that, just a week ago! Our town was having massive evacuations and flooding, and I just threw my diet to the wayside.
    I'm back on track, and looking at everything with new eyes. This is the rest of our lives, and if we think we are never going to have another bowl of regular ice cream, or piece of pizza the rest of our lives, we are lying to ourselves! lol

In your future you're going to be at your goal weight, and you are going to eat healthy most of the time to maintain, because you're not going to want to gain the weight back.
    But there are still going to be camping trips, and nights out with friends, and weddings, and cruises, and trips to amusement parks, and natural disasters. And there is nothing wrong with enjoying food at these times with friends and family.
  • lnelson88
    lnelson88 Posts: 64
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I DO love this site for this reason! :heart: