Newly single - how to stay motivated/empowering single songs

Options
Hey guys,

My boyfriend (of 2 years) and I just broke up and I'm determined not to spend my time crying in bed and stuffing my face with chocolate.

Does anyone have any tips to stay strong or any great empowering songs for single ladies to blast at the gym. I have been playing Natasha Bedingfield - single on repeat all morning..

Please add me if your a single lady looking for support. We got this!

Replies

• eeede
    eeede Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I had a break up two months ago. We spent 6 years together. The first days were hard, but Im taking care of myself and feel better than when we were together.
  • piperjosie
    piperjosie Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm working through the ending of a 20+ year marriage. I blast Kelly Clarkson's "Stronger" and sing along when I am in the car. I probably look like a nut to other drivers, but I don't care. Remember to love yourself through all of this. Hugs to you!
  • chesves
    chesves Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Fight Song by Rachel Patton (think that's her name) and come post in the "singles group" on this forum - in this section. It's a group who has been giving ongoing support since July. Come on over!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    It's a little older, but "I Love Myself Today" by Bif Naked is great after a breakup.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    piperjosie wrote: »
    I'm working through the ending of a 20+ year marriage. I blast Kelly Clarkson's "Stronger" and sing along when I am in the car. I probably look like a nut to other drivers, but I don't care. Remember to love yourself through all of this. Hugs to you!

Big Warm Hugs! I am in the same boat and I start each day with this song. Keep singing out loud...I swear it is cathartic. I follow that song with Rachel Platten's Fight Song.
    https://youtu.be/xo1VInw-SKc
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    I had a little ditty I used to sing when my ex left me, instead of being broken I'd dance around, and sing "I win, You lose, You suck, Byebye.." Sounds stupid, but the old motto "fake it till you make it" worked for me! You'll be ok, chin up, FISTS up! xo
  • mojo75
    mojo75 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    just remember. Divorce is expensive because it's worth it! Time to enjoy your new found freedom and do things for you again!!
  • chesves
    chesves Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    @mojo75 I laughed out loud when reading your post! LOL
    And to those recently going through it .... it DOES get better- time does help heal things .... hold your head high and just keep moving forward!
  • Leanne3552000
    Leanne3552000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Thanks all you strong beautiful ladies! I'm downloading some of those songs now :)
  • moonagedaydream72
    moonagedaydream72 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Roar by Katy perry is a good one.
  • christyg74
    christyg74 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    "I will Survive" classic but it works!