Prep for Lunch week.(HELP!)

Options
HittinTheRoadAgain
HittinTheRoadAgain Posts: 14 Member
edited October 2015 in Food and Nutrition
Hey!

Im looking for some healthy FILLING recipes/ideas for the work week!

-C <3

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    More info? I have a microwave and toaster at work so I often bring dinner leftovers. Soup and a 1/2 sandwich or wrap would be good too. Broth soups are wonderfully warming when it gets cold outside.
  • livelovebbg
    livelovebbg Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I had salad with a chipotle dressing and a can of lemon and pepper tuna today. That was definitely filling!
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I threw a pork roast in the crock pot with some green enchilada sauce, on low for 8 hours. Shredded it, froze half, will use the other half for burritos this week for lunch. They are all pre-wrapped in parchment paper so all I have to do it toss em in the microwave. Each one is ~300 cals. Best part about it, they only cost me about $1.60 each! Next week will probably be pulled pork sandwiches with a little spicy bbq. Piece of fruit or handful of nuts around 3 holds me over til dinner :)

The easiest thing to do it prep everything for the week (whatever your week is) so everything is ready to go. This keeps me focused, and keeps me from eating something else and having to throw food I prepared in the trash.

There's a lot of information on the interwebz about meal planning/prepping. Find a system that works for you and run with it :)
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I hard boil eggs and throw them in my lunch. My lunch can vary- sometimes leftovers, but lately it has been yogurt, a serving of sugar snap peas or baby carrots, a serving of crackers, an egg, a piece of cheese(usually string cheese or something pre packaged), a fiber one bar, and something sweet to drink. I don't always eat it all, but it gives me choices.
  • TracyMae13
    TracyMae13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I tried the salad in mason jars. Surprisingly it stayed
    very fresh & incredibly tasty. My 12
    year old daughter even loved it. We made
    a variety so we wont get bored.
  • scyian
    scyian Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I'm working outside all this week so I prepped a hearty soup at the weekend. Just heat it and put it in a thermos. Add a piece of fruit and that's lunch.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    For ease, I really like the boxed 365 soups from whole foods. About 100 calories per serving, 2 servings per box. (I usually eat both as a single large serving.)
    I also do a lot of wraps. My favorites:
    Turkey & Swiss with salad greens, sprouts, pepperoncini.
    Turkey & goat cheese with salad greens, sprouts, sun dried tomatoes or roasted red peppers.
    Roast beef with blue cheese crumbles, salad greens, sprouts and a grated roasted beet, horseradish sauce.
    Tuna salad with greens & sprouts.
    Egg salad with greens & sprouts.
    Curried chicken salad with greens & sprouts.
    Hummus with tomato, cucumber, greens & feta crumbles.
    BLT wraps with avocado.
    Fried eggplant wrap with provolone, greens, olive paste.
    Muffuletta wrap with mixed deli meats, provolone, lettuce, tomato and olive salad.
    Rotisserie chicken chunks with cabbage slaw & tamarind seasoning.
  • HittinTheRoadAgain
    HittinTheRoadAgain Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    The Salad in a mason jar sounds amazing! I like that Idea, maybe if i make it fun ill want to eat it and remember it! lol
  • LookingforWhatsHerName
    Options
    This week I'm having chicken chickpea curry over orzo pasta and ground chicken enchiladas with black bean salad. I prep for 1-2 weeks at a time on Sundays and freeze in containers. I always aim for 400 calorie meals that are LOADED with protein. Check out YouTube for meal prep ideas if you're not sure how this works. It takes a little time on the front end but I'm always glad I did it.