DIY Iced Coffee

Options
Barneystinson
Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
It's summertime and I'm surrounded by Dunkin Donuts billboards for iced coffee. Considering I hate the high sugar content of most iced coffee and I'm super cheap about dining out, I like to make iced coffee @ casa de Barney. Plus it's really easy!

1. Brew a pot of coffee - STRONG - 2 TBSP coffee per 6 ounce cup of water. I really like flavored coffee for my iced coffee. Highly recommend Hazelnut or Cinnamon bun flavor.

2. Turn off coffee pot, Allow coffee to cool, place in carafe or pitcher and place in the fridge (I recommend a glass pitcher if you have one as it won't take on the coffee taste)

3. Once coffee has cooled, get a tall glass and fill 3/4 full with ice cubes. Pour in coffee, then add milk / cream / sweetener to your liking. Stir well and enjoy!

4. As an alternative to flavored coffee and sugars, you can also try sugar-free DaVinci or Torani flavor syrups. The caramel flavor is particularly awesome.

5. Double bonus - you can place cold coffee, almond milk, 1 scoop of protein powder, and ice in a blender and make a healthy Frappucino!

Replies

• LyssaPearl
    LyssaPearl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This sounds delicious, thanks!! :D

Edit: Also, just noticed your profile pic, and your collarbones are lookin' hot! Can't wait to see mine again!!
  • HOPEful27
    HOPEful27 Posts: 56
    Options
    I think I love you for #5. I make smoothies every day & I have been known to make my own iced coffee on occasion, but I have never thought of using coffee with my protein powder. Thanks!
  • igora_soma
    igora_soma Posts: 486
    Options
    Thanks for the frap idea! They are ridic expensive at Starbucks!
  • pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    bump

Thanks for sharing!!
  • misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipes! I have been trying to master these at home.
  • lindak71
    lindak71 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking iced coffee since I was in high school and I use instant coffee! My sole purpose of drinking coffee is to indulge in all of the flavored creamers out there! I'm not stuck on any brand or particular flavor- whatever is on sale that week and looks interesting will go in the cart. I also refuse to pay umpteen dollars for something I can make at home, and with my new Magic Bullet I can't wait to make my own frappes! Enjoy!
  • Barneystinson
    Options
    I have been drinking iced coffee since I was in high school and I use instant coffee! My sole purpose of drinking coffee is to indulge in all of the flavored creamers out there! I'm not stuck on any brand or particular flavor- whatever is on sale that week and looks interesting will go in the cart. I also refuse to pay umpteen dollars for something I can make at home, and with my new Magic Bullet I can't wait to make my own frappes! Enjoy!

The Magic Bullet is the stuff! That's what I use to make smoothies. So much easier to clean than my big blender.
  • rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Options
  • xoxokryssie
    Options
    Yes, I blame starbucks for the reason why I'm overweight AND broke... smh. lol.
  • Barneystinson
    Options
    Yes, I blame starbucks for the reason why I'm overweight AND broke... smh. lol.

There's one right beside my office beckoning me in with its rich coffee aroma. Afternoon time and I usually want a cup of coffee, so I keep some Starbucks ground coffee at my desk and make a small cup with the French press. Saves a little money. But when it comes to the iced stuff, saves SO MUCH to make better versions at home. Just tempting to get the barista to make it though :)
  • sincereme
    sincereme Posts: 276
    Options
    This sounds so yummers. Thanks for sharing!
  • boudrfra
    boudrfra Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe! I use my Keurig Machine to make mine. It is nice since there are many different flavors of coffee for the Keurig machine. Love the idea of blending it with ice...
  • Jessibear2854
    Jessibear2854 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Bump!:)