Newbie here to say "hello!"

Options
Hi everyone!

My name is Mary Ann, and I thought I would drop a line and say hi since I just joined a few days ago. :smile:

I have been using (use that term loosely!) Fitday.com for years. A friend suggested that I check this site out and I'm glad I did. I think it is much more user-friendly than Fitday, and I am really blown away by the support I see.

I suppose that you all hear this from all new people, but... I'm tired of being where I am: Physically, Emotionally, Spiritually. I'm a bit of a train wreck. I'm looking forward to making some much needed changes in my life and am really excited I found myfitnesspal.com as a tool to help me do so. :happy:

Mary Ann

Replies

• darthgeg
    darthgeg Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I have a lot to lose and I have found the friends I have on here are extremely supportive and inspiring. Add me if you like. Good luck, and remember one day at a time.
  • samgilardi
    Options
    WELCOME Mary Ann! =]
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    Mary Ann - yes - welcome to MFP - we are so pleased to have you :)
    Yep - we hear what you are saying, because all of us are in the same boat :)
    Make friends, share, and let us help you, motivate you, and support you on your journey
    I think you'll love it here - it's an amazing group of people!
  • misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Welcome MaryAnn! If you would like extra motivation feel free to add me. Personally I like as much motivation as I can get.
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hi MaryAnn
    Welcome to MFP
    It's an awesome app - very easy to use and so addictive. There is a huge amount of support & encouragement too - just what's needed!
    I have 40 lbs that I want to lose - friend me if you'd like to support each other!
    Good luck

Jules
    :flowerforyou: