Foods That I have found!!!

Options
Fellow Health Watchers (<3)

I have found the following foods that are yummy and low in fat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are these things called Chocolate Dessert Shells (they are like the yellow shells used to make single strawberry shortcakes)...One serving is 2 shells....and is only 3g of fat!!! Then I add 1 cup of chopped strawberries and a pile of fat free reddi wip!!! YUMMY!!!

Potatoes are fat free (for the most part)...if you are a butter freak (as I am)...there is this WONDERFUL thing called Smart Squeeze...it's margarine in a bottle...and it's fat free!!! 5 calories!!! I think that's in a tablespoon!

Most cereals are either fat free or low fat!!! Like Frosted Flakes and Fruit Loops (my fav)...when you add in fat free milk, you can't taste a difference!!!

Fig Newtons (for the cookie lovers) is a great alternative and they are fat free!!!

For meat lovers....find someone that hunts...some of you may be against killing animals (hunting) but I'm telling you what...Deer meat...venison is so lean it's unbelievable...and you can put it in anything! Add a little garlic salt to get rid of the "gamey" taste I've also heard to boil it in salt water...and milk...so

I can't think of anything else that I can think of...but...if I do I'll add it :-) Hope this helps :-)

Keep up the great work everyone!!!

Replies

• brittanydittman
    Options
    great tips!! i think im going to need to try out that butter!! :P
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    The only downfall to your cereals is they are both high in sugar!
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, but remember calories play a role in weight loss too.
  • amandaboese
    Options
    Yes...I understand that...however...I'm not counting my sugar...just my fat intake...that's why it was a low fat post.

Also...I wanted to add something I had forgotten, but since a friend on here reminded me...I'll now add it....

MARSHMELLOWS: Come in chocolate and strawberry!!! I know for a fact the reg. marshmellows are fat free...I can't remember about the flavored kind...but I think they are too

GRAHAM CRACKERS: Really low in fat.....

With that said...a light day...makes for fun s'mores...you can break a chocolate bar in half and have 2 of them and not feel bad about it!!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Fat isn't making you fat, and more evidence is pointing to a diet low in fat being hard to maintain long-term. If you have a chance, read this:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2002/07/07/magazine/what-if-it-s-all-been-a-big-fat-lie.html?src=pm
    Interesting stuff!
  • amandaboese
    Options
    You're absolutely right about the calories...however...These are all foods I've been eating...and I've lost 11 pounds in a week, so..and I've only exercised once...I'm not saying to pig out on any of that, but eating one (or two) serving a day obviously won't hurt...I'm just saying...you all can take my advice or not...but it's been working for me.
  • amandaboese
    Options
    I've been really successful at maintaining a low-fat diet...It's been really easy for me.
  • amandaboese
    Options
    and....I'm the girl who pigs out on fast food on a regular basis and fattening foods all of the time, so I think with that said...I've been doing great!!!!!!
  • erk143
    erk143 Posts: 5
    Options
    You should never eliminate one food group. Fat is important for healthy hair, skin, nails. It's also important to your nervous system. It's insulates our nerves and helps with the transmission of sensory impulses like pain or smell. Just remember that low fat may be working now, but somewhere in the future you are going to need to reintroduce it to your diet and having a handle on your sugar intake as well as exercising regularly is what's going to help you maintain your weight loss for the long term.
  • LButterfly201
    Options
    bump...Love this :) Thank you :D