30 day shred

Options
Does anyone have any idea how many calories you burn doing the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred???

Replies

• Kristin111365
    Options
    It will depend on you weight. I use Calisthenics(pushups, sit-ups), Vigorous effort. I burn 288 in 20 minutes.
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    I've been using the 'circuit training - general' category under exercise. I think it's like 200 or so. At least it feels like I burn that much :smile:
  • Jessicapages
    Jessicapages Posts: 427
    Options
    My HRM says I burn 237-240 I am only on Day 4Level 1,it might get higher when I get to the other levels:smile:
  • Tereztaylor07
    Options
    It's same amount of calories if you enter calisthenics or circuit training. Without a HRM that's as close an estimate you can get.
  • sculptandtone
    sculptandtone Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Most poeple put in 20 or 25 minutes of circuit training in the cardio section. I find the calories burned to be unrealistically high. They all are. Doesn't matter to me at this point because I'm not eating my exercise calories. I think the thing to do is get a really good HRM. By most accounts that is the most accurate calorie burn counter.
  • amybeth83
    amybeth83 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've been using 188 calories per 20 minute session, but it obviously depends on which level you're doing and how much you weigh. I must say, it's QUITE the work out - I've been doing it for about 2 weeks now and I can already see a difference. Are you all liking it so far?
  • AKAngi
    AKAngi Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've been using Circuit Training - General. It does depend on your weight...But, a previous commenter got me thinking, I'm wondering if I should use 15 minute of Circuit Training - General and 15 minutes of Calisthenics - Vigorous. It seems to be kind of a mix of both...

Any thoughts?
  • 37mom
    37mom Posts: 74
    Options
    I've been using 188 calories per 20 minute session, but it obviously depends on which level you're doing and how much you weigh. I must say, it's QUITE the work out - I've been doing it for about 2 weeks now and I can already see a difference. Are you all liking it so far?
    I did it for the first time today...so level 1...I really liked it. We will see how I like it as i get to the harder levels.Thanks for the feedback. I will count it as curcuit training:)
  • fraiseroja
    fraiseroja Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I count from when we warm up to finish our cooldown. I weigh around 150, and I burn on level 1 around 250 cals and level 2 280 cals. I have a HRM and its 27 minutes with warmup and cooldown. I haven't tried level three yet to tell you my burn there.
  • 37mom
    37mom Posts: 74
    Options
    day 2 of it and still loving it....
  • nmrodrigz
    nmrodrigz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My HRM says around 220 calories burned for level 1 - I'm 5'3" 135. On to day 3 tonight! So sore!! Good luck everyone!
  • sharidiane
    sharidiane Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    My HRM consisently shows between 240 and 290, depending on my effort. I *know* when I've had a '290' day from the effort I give it.

MFP was calling it 270 calories for me when I logged it as 25 minutes of circuit training, so ... not terribly off. But it's nice to know exactly.
  • ccbloom1
    ccbloom1 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    MY HRM says 185 for the 25 minutes. Did Level 1 Day 2 today with 5lb and 8lb weights throughout.