It's been a week

Options
I have a goal to reverse type 2 diabetes and get down from 250 to 175. It wil take time but I can do it :)

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Good luck. Are you relying solely on weight loss to fix the diabetes ?
  • H34v3nlySinsx3
    H34v3nlySinsx3 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Of course you can do it!!
  • nanabanana39
    nanabanana39 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi mike! Im in the same boat as you. Found out on 9-24-15 im diabetic, type 2. I'm on meds and carefully watching calories and carbs. We can beat this disease! Good luck on your journey! Anna
  • mikesmith694
    mikesmith694 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Same here, just now figuring out how to work this app. Lol
  • mikesmith694
    mikesmith694 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    yarwell wrote: »
    Good luck. Are you relying solely on weight loss to fix the diabetes ?

yes and lots of exercise, I believe the key is the food you eat and different exercises
  • markyrocks
    markyrocks Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Of course you can do it Mike - slow and steady wins the race. One day at a time... I am not really qualified to say that though as this is my first day! hahaha
  • catt952
    catt952 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    once you start the habit it feels natural
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hey Mike, you've come to the right place. Of course you can do it! I have a friend who just said "no" to type 2 diabetes. She joined MFP and started doing small walks. Slow and steady DOES win the race. Good luck to you.
  • Milabella
    Milabella Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Be sure to include strength training/resistance exercises in your routine as it improves insulin resistance. My gramma was diagnosed with type 2 in her 50s, immediately changed her eating habits, lost weight (not even as much as you're trying to lose) and got off diabetes meds. She is 81 years old and still managing without diabetes medication. She still monitors her glucose and blood pressure.