Desperate for some help

Options
Hi, my name is Annie. I have been here so many times. I start and then get weary in the eating healthy and taking care of myself. It seems like an endless battle. I need a Community that will help me to stay with this and not give up. I am 53 years old and the older I get the harder it gets to lose any weight. I lose some but never enough or fast enough to keep me going long enough to make a difference. This time I am asking God to help me and that he will send me people to come along side of me to finally claim victory over this stronghold in my life. I have tried everything. Even Fitnesspal before. Please I need some friends who will have words of wisdom for me. I am desperate.

Replies

• PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Believe in yourself and you are half way there! You CAN do this! Take the first step.
  • MyLifeMyCreation
    MyLifeMyCreation Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Annie

You can add me as a friend if you like :)
  • JanelleG0122
    JanelleG0122 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hi Annie. I understand how frustrating it can be to lose weight. The results won't be immediate and i'm learning that ever so slowly. It is a long journey. It is important to get healthy, no matter what age you are. I post motivational quotes daily and would love to help you succeed. Add me if you would like.
  • crystallize00
    crystallize00 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You got this girl. Dont let one or two days get you down. Just get back up and do it.
    Remembertomorrow is always a new day

• naanpocen
    naanpocen Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello Annie, you can add me as a friend if you'd like. I also need to be kept accountable when I am weak. I have been here often, giving up then returning. I'd like this time to be different so I know for certain I need friends here.
  • abcprek102715
    abcprek102715 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thankful for another friend. Getting ready to go for a walk. Why is this so hard?
  • tbowz75
    tbowz75 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, Annie! Getting out there to walk can be such a challenge to overcome that mental block.
    You just need to keep telling yourself, "I'm going for a walk!" Instead of, "Should I go? Maybe I'll go."
    You are going to go and feel great when you are done!
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Hi Annie! Are you trying to overly restrict your foods? Remember that this is a long term lifestyle change so you want to make sustainable choices http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10257474/starting-out-restarting-basics-inside#latest Good luck!
  • ruthfmoy
    ruthfmoy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Been there done that got the t shirt.......I have the same trouble...only been here two days but find looking at the food in only one day is wrong to many carbs So maybe this TIME WE CAN DO IT GIRL........
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    What is unmanageable to you that you quit? I ask this to help because how can you fix it if you don't know why it is broken?