I crave Savory foods not sweets

Options
It seems like a lot of people like sweets, as for myself I have never liked them. Are there any meal replacements out there that are not sweet shakes or chocolate covered protein bars?

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I'm with you.

Nuts
    Cheese
    Beef Jerky
    Cream soups
  • JanelleG0122
    JanelleG0122 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I use protein powder in my coffee when I don't have time to eat breakfast. You can also use it in water and milk. I personally use the vanilla flavoring because it is not as sweet. I do like sweets to an extent, but I was never a chocolate person. I'm allergic to nuts, so I have to stay away from any kind of peanut or tree nut, so my choices are extremely limited when it comes to protein. Good luck finding something you enjoy.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Maybe meal replacements are not for you?

They all tend to be on the sweet side.
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Me too. I like savory foods and salty/crunchy foods. There are protein soups available but I generally prefer to just eat things like light string cheese, turkey pepperoni, nuts, mini baby bell cheeses, chili (homemade and frozen into single serving bowls), turkey or beef jerky, pork rinds or things like that instead of drinking a protein shake or eating a protein bar that I find barely tolerable. lol
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    I don't really like sweets either. Why do you feel the need for meal replacements? What are you looking to gain from using them?
  • jgnatca
    Options
    The great thing about meal replacements are their portability. Nuts are great for that.
  • lilbendhalo
    lilbendhalo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have nuts for snacks each day
  • defnevonal
    defnevonal Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Same here. My problem is bread.
  • lilbendhalo
    Options
    Yes I am also a huge fan for bred, I guess it is time to rethink the sandwich
  • jgnatca
    Options
    Bread isn't that bad if you can stop at one slice. There's bread and peanut butter, bread and laughing cow.
  • lilbendhalo
    Options
    Have you tried gluten free bread? If so , did you like it?
  • MsMaeFlowers
    MsMaeFlowers Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I crave both, just depends on the day.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    i crave savory stuff too...but not sure what that has to do with meal replacements...i've never done meal replacements, i just eat meals.
  • lilbendhalo
    Options
    I am trying to find a meal replacement for breakfast, since my mornings are very busy.
  • QoLmatters
    QoLmatters Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I am trying to find a meal replacement for breakfast, since my mornings are very busy.
    Do you like tuna? There are a lot of tuna mixes with beans or salsa or pasta or rice on the supermarket shelves these days. You could just grab a tin and a spoon for your breakfast since you don't have time to make other stuff.
  • lilbendhalo
    Options
    Yes I love tuna! Thanks for the awesome idea!
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options

You could try pre-making breakfast. My mornings are very busy too and I love to have something like this ready to go. http://averiecooks.com/2014/05/100-calorie-cheese-vegetable-and-egg-muffins.html
  • lilbendhalo
    Options
    I will try that recipeThanks so much Jen!