Last kilograms

Options
tefa1225
tefa1225 Posts: 6 Member
edited October 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I need any advise to lose about 6 more kilograms. I am close to my goal weight which is something about 65-70 kilograms but actually I don't want to go that low. I want to weight not lower than 75 kilograms but now I have been having a hard time losing that weight. I eat healthy and work out from 4-5 times per week (a combination between cardio and body weight). If you have any good advise to help me out I will appreciate.
Thanks

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    For the last few pounds, most people find they need really accurate and consistent logging. Are you using a food scale? Are you avoiding generic database entries? Are you double-checking your commonly entered foods to ensure the entries are accurate? Are you hitting your calorie goal regularly?
  • tefa1225
    Options
    I stop using the food scale to be able to eat a bit more since I was workingout harder. I track everything that I eat and try to eat about the 50% to 70% of the calories burned. So I can say that I hit my calorie goal most of the times but sometimes I don't, actually I stay a bit lower than my goal
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    tefa1225 wrote: »
    I stop using the food scale to be able to eat a bit more since I was workingout harder. I track everything that I eat and try to eat about the 50% to 70% of the calories burned. So I can say that I hit my calorie goal most of the times but sometimes I don't, actually I stay a bit lower than my goal

I'm not sure why you stop using the food scale in order to eat more -- if you wanted to increase your calorie goal, you could increase it and just weigh out more food. Am I misunderstanding something?
  • tefa1225
    Options
    I used the scale for about 2 years and I felt that I was getting obsessed about the food that I was eating, that was the main reason why I stopped using it.
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    tefa1225 wrote: »
    I used the scale for about 2 years and I felt that I was getting obsessed about the food that I was eating, that was the main reason why I stopped using it.

You know what's best for you. If it's best for your mental health to stop weighing, I don't want to second-guess that. I will say that if you're having a hard time losing weight, it's hard to bridge that gap without increasing your accuracy in logging in SOME fashion.
  • tefa1225
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I will start using the scale again.
    Thanks!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Nice thread! Well done Jane and tefa.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member