Any Elliptical fans?

Options
I just got myself a NordicTrack Audiostrider 990 Pro...I'm pretty proud of it! I used it for an actual work out for the first time today. Great purchase!

Replies

• deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I'm in :heart: with ellipticals. I've got a cheapy one at home (not gym quality) that squeaks but nonetheless it has helped me shed some lbs. :bigsmile:

I used to drive to the gym 15-20 to AND from just to use the elliptical at the gym so I'm glad to have one at home.
  • jpeterburs88
    jpeterburs88 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my elliptical! It is so much easier on my knees than running and I always feel like I got a great workout in after I am done. :)
  • fsugirl26
    fsugirl26 Posts: 207
    Options
    I love my elliptical! I prefer walking/running outside to get fresh air, but I love my elliptical for rainy/cold weather day workouts! It's my best friend in the winter! :)
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Love mine! I have a horizon that I've had since last november. It's a great workout - especially the "mountain" workout - yikes! :P
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    LOVE my Sole E35 elliptical!!! Couldn't have lost my weight without it - and MFP of course!
  • JayAlexander
    JayAlexander Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I use one at the gym and I love it. I found out if had as aerobic mode, it's a work out where you concentrate on pushing with your arms, then pulling, then just legs, then reverse, then fast then, slow, then at your own pace and repeat. It's a great workout!
  • iojoi
    iojoi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    hate every second on it as I suffer with fatigue but I cdnt improve without mine, So I apreciate having one.
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I also have a Nordictrack and love it! You can't beat the burn that's for sure!! I call it my "beast" lol:)
  • Hadenuf
    Hadenuf Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Totally addicted to my elliptical. LOVE that you can burn a lot of calories in just 30 minutes, run if you feel like running, do it in reverse to work a whole other set of muscles and turn up the intensity by hiking up the resistance so that if feels like you're walking through honey or water or something. BURN BABY BURN

4207658.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Spayrroe
    Spayrroe Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I have joint problems, so the elliptical is great for me!
  • Tereztaylor07
    Options
    I love mine too! It's a cheapy from Wal Mart, but it has paid for itself in avoiding gym membership fees. And it has helped me lose a lot. Now I want a fancier one lol.
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    Options
    Totally love ellipticals. Mainly, because it's the only machine I can use. I fractured my left foot a couple years ago and it never healed. Ironically, it was on the elliptical. I was getting really into it and stood up on the ball of my foot, putting all my considerable weight on my foot. Crack! Didn't realize I'd fractured it until weeks later and it just wouldn't heal. Actually went for a 5km walk the next day. Not the best thing I've done. It never got casted, so now I am stuck with a foot that will never heal properly. I had custom orthotics made, just so I could walk. They saved my life and my sanity. Now...the elliptical is the only machine I can use, because I can keep my foot flat on the platform, being careful not to lift my heel and I get a good cardio workout and burn calories without causing any discomfort to my foot. I can't do a bike or treadmill - too much pressure on the foot. It also works well for the right knee I injured about 25 years ago - tried to leg-press 280 pounds. I only weighed 130 at the time and it kind of popped. Now it aches and pops out all the time, especially going down stairs, unless I keep it limbered up with exercise!...oh silly me. :blushing:

Hollycat
    :flowerforyou:
    :flowerforyou:
  • kparks770
    kparks770 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Love mine! At home no one looking at me or trying to compete or make fun of me if I get too slow and best part I got it from a yardsale for 5 bucks!
  • butterfly1445
    butterfly1445 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    It took me a while to try the Elliptical because of my excertion induced asthma, the first time I had a hard time breathing, but after I've strengthened my lungs some and just gotten into better physical condition overall I finally tried it again. I LOVE it :love: . I feel like I'm getting a much better workout in the time I have than on the treadmill, and I can put in more effort without needing my inhaler. I made it to 30 mins on level 3 and went 5 miles for the first time yesterday. Been working upward from 10 mins on level one for a few weeks now. Best cardio machine I've ever tried! I can't wait to have a house instead of a tiny apartment so I can buy one instead of relying on my office gym. :heart:
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    i love the elliptical. always have. had one at home, we were moving and I didnt want to move it too so I gave it to someone who would use it. (that happens alot when you move things get given away). Now I have to go to the gym, which I don't mind since I have a partner to go with.
  • aimuhlena
    aimuhlena Posts: 9
    Options
    (that happens alot when you move things get given away).

Haha trust me, we are military, I know that one for sure :)
  • CherrySunday
    CherrySunday Posts: 301
    Options
    I like em too, but I have to go to the gym to use em :) I would love to have one at home, how much fun!
  • elizabethdemulder
    Options
    I love the elliptical, great work out and low impact on my joints! I'm also able to read while I'm working out which I can't do on the treadmill!
  • aimuhlena
    aimuhlena Posts: 9
    Options
    Glad to see I'm not the only one! I swear I could go for a long time on it, I get a great workout but it helps my joints a lot! Ive tried and I just can't do the running stuff and walking isn't enough for me either. I like to feel that i'm workout out :)
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I was terrified of the elliptical when I first tried it... Lasted 5 whole minutes...Now I Love it,, going forward and back for extra calorie burn. It really gets my heart rate up, and I can easily go 30, 40, 50 minutes.