For those of you doing insanity....

Options
here's my problem I'm on week two day one an after everywork out I still get nauseous and throw up :( I know it's only gonna get worse the last 30days when it's time for te MAX workouts... Any advice? I don't enjoy throwing up lol I make sure to eat at least two hours before no less should I wait four hours or will this eventually go away lol? I make sure I push myself because I want results so I don't know what else to so because I don't wanna stop :( lol any advice is welcome :)

Replies

• lkirmer
    lkirmer Posts: 1
    Options
    I am also on week two. I find that I do my best when I work out first thing in the morning before eating. I also run and I find that if I have eaten and it is later in the day I am more sluggish and tend to cramp up and have a tougher time getting through it. Sounds like you may be pushing it a little too hard also, maybe back off just slightly or take a couple of short 10-20 second breaks. Just some ideas. Good luck!
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Are you wearing a HRM? You should be!! You may be pushing too hard and overexerting yourself when you don't need to be. Everyone wants results, but take those rests when you need too. I didn't eat until after my workout, if I did it was something small to boost my metabolism, especially in the morning. Good luck and hang in there!!
  • fsugirl26
    fsugirl26 Posts: 207
    Options
    I find sometimes that if I drink too much before or during the workout, I'll feel nauseous...and I'm on my 2nd round of Insanity. I normally drink a mix of half-gatorade/half-water during the workout, and if I drink more than half of the 20 oz bottle I feel sick. I also don't usually eat anything fo 3-4 hours before a workout. I'd give it another week and see how you feel - your body may just need more time to adjust! Definitely don't give up though - Insanity is an awesome workout and is guaranteed to give you results! :)
  • weemsr
    weemsr Posts: 8
    Options
    I had the same issue. Pace your sets slower. You have 3 sets, slow, medium and sprint. I focus on form for the slow and medium sets, and then for the SPRINT set I push. HOWEVER...I also extended my break time from 30 seconds to a minute. As I started to get more comfortable, I backed the break time back down to 30 seconds.

DRINK PLENTy OF WATER before and after the workout. Eat a smaller snack 45 mins- 1 hour prior to working out. FOCUS ON BREATHING. If you begin to feel light headed, pause your set, regain control, and start from where you left off.

I am currently on the last 2 weeks of insanity and it is CRAZY!
  • nukebhs83
    nukebhs83 Posts: 158
    Options
    i did two rounds of insanity and one round of p90x. now i am on week two of asylum. when i started insanity i couldnt even get thru the warmup without feeling sick and lightheaded. i took longer breaks/ did every other exercise on each round until i could do at least some of all the moves. when we finally got to the end of the first 30 days-i could do all teh moves even though i still had to take longer breaks every now and then. when we started the last 30 days i had to do the same as the first 30 until about the 2nd week in and then i got better.
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I got over the nausea after the first week. Try eating 3 or 4 hours before and see if that helps. I normally do my workouts in the evening, but I did one last weekend first thing in the morning (no breakfast first) and I felt noticeably better than usual. I don't know how well that fits into your schedule, but it's a thought. I hope it gets better for you, because Insanity is totally worth the effort. I'm 2 workouts and a fit test away from being a graduate!
  • GeorgiaPrune
    Options
    I can totally relate to this post. I found Insanity to just be to much for me, so I ordered the P90 and then I think I'll work my way up to Insanity. Have you tried eating a lighter breakfast? I saw that you are eating 2hrs before, but perhaps just a snack like a banana or some yogurt instead of a full breakfast. Or maybe you could eat a snack before the workout and then breakfast after you workout. Good luck to you.