Holidays = Office Parties ...yikes!

Options
Hello Everyone,
So as the holidays approach, office parties/potlucks are in the very near distance. What are ya'll doing to avoid the temptation?

I fell victim today, we had a Halloween potluck...yeah you guessed it sweets galore! While I tried to stick to the grilled foods (chicken wings/pork) I did end up eating a cupcake and a cookie. It isn't end all, the world is over but still...its tough.

So what are ya'll doing to resist?

~ Ade

Replies

• PeiDub
    PeiDub Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Basically the same, sticking to the healthier options. I can't not have dessert...they're practically my calling. So I just decide which one is the most worth it and just have one.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    How many parties/potluck are you talking about? 2,3 or 7? 7 days of out 365 days is a very small percentage of what you will eat everyday. Right? Have fun, don't go crazy and get back to logging the next day. As long as it doesn't turn into a year long party you should be okay.

You can do this!!
  • Adenine87
    Adenine87 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    @queenliz99: Within the new few months probably 3, you're right it is a very small percentage. thank you for the advise

@PeiDub: Sweets are my downfall lol! the struggle is real. Thanks for the response! :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    Just had a farewell office party ...

I had a few little pieces of pineapple, a few pieces of watermelon, a bit of kiwi fruit, and 3 large grapes. :)
  • Adenine87
    Adenine87 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    aweome job @Machka9 !
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I've had two parties already. Since I seem able to gain ten pounds every year from now to the end of the year, this year I'm logging what I eat. The Halloween parties I went to had sweets. I ate a few at the first. The second party was that same night and since I was at my calorie count I didn't eat any. I looked at it as just practice for the beginning of the junk food, yummy sweets, onslaught.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    Adenine87 wrote: »
    aweome job @Machka9 !

There was definitely a part of me that want to head right for the sweets ... but I'm close to my goal weight and really didn't want to derail things.

Funny thing ... on Saturday I wrote a final exam for the post-grad course I'm taking. Then my husband and I went out to friends for a potluck get-together that evening. I wanted to celebrate finishing a long and difficult course, and told my husband that if there is cake, I'm having some!!

Only problem was .... everyone brought healthy stuff! There was no cake. There wasn't anything that was particularly high in calories. About the best I could do was a sliver of quiche. I spent the rest of evening nibbling broccoli, carrots, cucumber slices and things like that. How disappointing!! :lol: But actually, it was probably a good thing.