How to stay motivated??

Options
I run into this problem every time.
I do well, lose weight, everything is going great and then I just stop and I can't find the motivation again. I've been wanting to lose 35 pounds and I just keep failing.
What do you do to keep yourself going?

Replies

• daz2270
    daz2270 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Forming habits is key. Willpower only lasts so long. Don't try to change too many things at once.
  • Khovde07
    Khovde07 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    daz2270 wrote: »
    Don't try to change too many things at once.

This!

I could never make the changes I wanted to make stick. It's because I go through this drastic change and deny myself any kind of "treat" in hopes of losing weight. If I want to eat a damn cookie, I will. I just won't eat 5 like I used to and I budget it into my daily goal. I had potato chips with lunch today because they're my favorite. but I planned out my meals for the day and had room for them. Baby steps are better than backwards steps.
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    My favorite quote the ole', "I didn't come this far, just to come this far." I reached my goal weight in August, but here I am still trucking...my 365th day is 4 days away. I'm still not where I wanna be, I am still working on strength-training/body recomp, so I still am geting there and not stopping...even when I get there...I know this is my life now...there is no "end" date.
  • jesskahh87
    jesskahh87 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I constantly struggle with the same thing. I do great, lose weight, stop, and gain it all back! It's the worst!
  • William4MVP
    William4MVP Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    discipline...none of that motivation crap. sorry op. That's just not how it works. motivation dies but discipline is the key to success.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    The key is as stated before - work at building good habits and use the power of discipline. You can do it and stick with it!!
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,144 Member
    Options
    I hope that this link is helpful.
    http://www.vicmagary.com/blog/fitness-motivation/