First time doing Zumba.

Options
I did Zumba 20 min workout for the first time today. I'm just not sure how to log it. Any advice would be great.

Replies

• thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I log it as Dancing, aerobic. Put in the minutes and the calories burnt will show up. If you get really into it, I think it burns more calories than MFP says.
  • AtomicDarling
    Options
    I usually log Zumba as Aerobic Dance
  • mzhunnie
    mzhunnie Posts: 10
    Options
    I have asked the same question , when you find out would you let me know, please
  • Yocum1219
    Yocum1219 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Most people use dancing, aerobic. I know Zumba can burn 500-1,000 calories an hour, so I went with 500/hour & created my own Zumba. I figured better to be on the low side. Once I get an HRM I'll use that! :o)
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Before I got my heart rate monitor I would log it as High Impact Aerobics. That was an accurate number compared to what my HRM shows now.
  • leslieann625
    Options
    Hi,
    First time ever responding to any questions on here. I researched a lot of websites for zumba calories burned. For the last three months I have been using my own exercise calorie count, and I think it is pretty accurate. I log it in as zumba, medium intensity. 60min = 520cal. I do not go crazy when I am dancing, but I do get a good workout. I know they say you can burn up to 1000cal in an hour, but I do not do a lot of jumping. I hope that helps!