Tricks to sticking with it?

Options
I can't count how many times I've downloaded and uninstalled this app. I find it so helpful but only when I actually stick to it.
Any tips? I need to get healthy to be better for my life.

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    JUST DO IT!

Have you added friends or joined challenges? Having a support network is one of the best indicators of success in long term weight loss.

Do you use the journal every day? Even when you go off track? Consistency is key and writing it down helps you confront it so that you can learn more about yourself and what triggers you.
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself/measure yourself regularly to track your progress. Take pictures. Log everything, no matter how much you ate that day. Visit the forums once a day just to see what other people are doing. Go to the success stories board to see how awesome people have done. Did I mention log everything??
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Why do you keep stopping? Just don't.
  • skeeybo
    skeeybo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have installed and uninstalled this app as well many times over a few years but this time is my time to change my body! Sticking with it no matter what!!!
  • robynmichelle14
    robynmichelle14 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Definitely helpful tips! I've been doing great so far which is motivating already and I'll definitely check back
    Thanks so much!
  • noryedgbannister
    noryedgbannister Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You have to stay accountable for what you're eating. Figure out if you want to count calories or macros maybe both. You have to make sure that you're happy at the end of this though.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    What I do:

* Be realistic. It took years to gain this weight, it's going to take more than a year (for me) to lose it. Rather than go at a breakneck pace that isn't sustainable, I picked a reasonable target and work towards it.
    * Pre-log and pre-plan my meals. Every evening I plan the next day's meals if I didn't already do it. I log them too in advance. Then meals are just carefully measuring (by weight) out the portions and foods I already decided to eat. Really helps to make good decisions.
    * I don't overly restrict myself. I can have snacks, and junk food, but it has to fit in my calories. I find this makes any cravings much less powerful.
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    incorporate it into your daily schedule and use it at the same time, same circumstance everyday; maybe during morning coffee, the tail end of your lunch break, during your downtime in the evenings, etc etc. be really strict about it until it becomes habit
  • janperdue
    janperdue Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Pay for the advanced app for a couple of months. Really track your macros. Do some research to see what you need your macro goals to be and change them around every once in a while to see what works best. Get you a fitness tracker so that you can motivate yourself to move more . And track some other forms of exercise. It will start to be fun and a little obsessive
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    Don't let one crappy moment ruin the day. Don't let one day of bad eating derail your entire week.

You will have bad days, just don't think "oh well, I guess now this week is shot cause I went over so much". It's not. You can do better tomorrow. You can mess up and eat 3000 calories today and do 1400 tomorrow and make it up. It's gonna be hard, but don't say to yourself "darn, I had 3 donuts this morning so I guess there's no reason to worry about getting in at my calorie count today" there is, and you can always make up for it with a 15 min walk here or a 10 minute jog there. You CAN recover, don't give up the day for the sake of the moment, or the week for the sake of the day.
  • robynmichelle14
    robynmichelle14 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yeah its always when I screw up that I am not. Logging. It's like I'm embarrassed to put it in and as soon as I stop tracking I keep screwing up. I definitely think the advice on macros is helpful too. Thank you everyone for the support! I don't have any friends who weigh more than 125 soaking wet so I appreciate the advice!!!
  • MarvelGrrl
    MarvelGrrl Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    JUST DO IT!

Have you added friends or joined challenges? Having a support network is one of the best indicators of success in long term weight loss.

Do you use the journal every day? Even when you go off track? Consistency is key and writing it down helps you confront it so that you can learn more about yourself and what triggers you.

^this . Join groups with like minded interests, find a challenge group or daily encouragement thread, build a support system and network on here that you can lean on or encourage when they need support. Most importantly, and not necessarily the easiest, ASK for help from your friends here when you need it or you're having a hard time. My friends + team members on here have been an awesome resource for me and are there to help when I ask for it or just seeing my friends active makes me want to stay active on days I might be dragging.

You will have a bad day or a slip up, but try to isolate it to being just that. Don't use it as an excuse to let things snowball and go from a bad day to a bad week or just throwing in the towel.

Try to start out modestly and work up to more :)
  • Lone_wolf46
    Lone_wolf46 Posts: 2,709 Member
    Options
    Self discipline