Need motivation from fellow crafters.

Options
Looking for fellow quilters sewers scrapbookers etc to help motivate us to not eat but craft!

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,721 Member
    Options
    I'm a jewelry maker, mixed-media visual journaller, sometime sew & crochet-er, and more. For me, it's not so much about crafting rather than eating - though crafting does keep the hands busy and erase boredom. It's more about wanting to be well-rounded (activities, not body! ;) ).

I have to say, though, going to conventions and shows for crafters, where even when obese I found myself to be one of the thinner & more spry people in attendance, made me glad that I do also enjoy some non-sedentary activities.
  • Khovde07
    Khovde07 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Oh I love to craft! My stuff is usally about refinishing (wood, furniture, etc), painting objects, etc. I'm trying to get in to quilting but I need some sewing lessons first :smile:

I'm always looking for other crafty ideas to keep my hands busy and friends to talk about it with. Add me!
  • aprilgernaat
    aprilgernaat Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I private messaged you and AnnPT...now I'm thinking I should have posted here. I LOVE to craft!!! I sew, crochet, and knit. Please add me!
  • deescrafty
    deescrafty Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Dee and I love to craft as well as paint and draw. I knit, love paper crafts and mixed media, always willing to try something new. Pease add me!
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    A few weeks ago I started painting a small watercolor every day. Some are nice, some aren't, but I really look forward to trying out something new everyday and mixing the colors. Helps me to let go of my issues and struggles for an hour or so. And to just feel good.
  • littlehappystitches
    littlehappystitches Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Please add me I love stitching felt brooches !! And yes I would love crafty friends
  • lcdreams
    lcdreams Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Painting everyday is like a journal. They must reflect your moods. I've tried online journaling but its very impersonal. Working on a craft a day even for a few minutes may take our Ines off eating. I know evenings are worst for me. Hard to get motivated. Easier to eat and watch TV!
  • christyg74
    christyg74 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am a quilter! And, one of the good things about quilting is you can't eat while you quilt!
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I knit on the stationary bike at the gym. I can get a high intensity workout, while my hands are too busy to snack, and end up with hats, scarves, and mittens!

Oh hey, I paint too, and sew. Are any of you on Ravelry?
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am a quilter and scrapbooker, but mostly quilting. I have been quilting for 25 years and belong to two local quilt guilds and a miniature group. I do long arm quilting for myself and just a few customers. I have lost 36 lbs in the last 300 days logging. I have 20 more I would love to loose. Haven't lost anything in the last 5 weeks or so, so it's very frustrating, but I'm not giving up. I plan on this new healthier life style for the rest of my life. I have a ton of UFO's to work on and an dying to start the Vintage Farm Girl book by Lori Holt. I am waiting for a cousin to get her background fabric so we can do it together. I am trying to use my time better, Get more accomplished in my day. Get my exercising done first thing.
  • Misshelgeson
    Misshelgeson Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Well this is a nice thread I would like some crafty friends I crochet I don't usually paint but I just did my truck I make some pretty awesome cakes and can knit a little
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I am an amateur artist- sketching with graphite, charcoal and soft pastels and painting with watercolors. I go to the local art museum every Tuesday for sketching classes and then when I can fit it in on other days. And I enjoy cross stitching as well- though that's mainly a bunch of half finished projects. I want to try to make a little nook for myself for stiching and I am working on recreating my studio.
    Would love some more creative types!
  • lcdreams
    lcdreams Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I just started a cross stitch for my grand daughter coming in Jan. It's time consuming, I made the boy version 3 years ago. Once I start in ernest on this it'll keep my hands busy. I'll have to post a photo