Fall in Minnesota

Options
Hey! It's fall in Minnesota! The best season that leads into the worst. I'm not outdoorsy in the wintertime. But looking for some great "active" things to do to keep the blood flowing and muscles growing when the snow is snowing. Any suggestions out there for winter activities?

Replies

• ghouli
    ghouli Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm from Minnesota as well! Not sure how much help I can be lol but I like rollerblading, so during the winter I do a lot of ice skating. I try to get out for a walk when the sidewalks are clear and it's not -3847236236 degrees out haha. Plus the gym.
  • Tennisskater
    Tennisskater Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am originally from mn...I love getting out for a run and set my temp barrier to 0 degrees, as long as it is above zero, out there...I love the crunch of running on the snow...invest in a good neck gator and shoes with good traction...mn winters are gorgeous
    If you have a golf course by you snowshoeing is great and easy to do, cross country skiing is addicting but takes more effort to get out there unless you live by a park with trails.
    I think March is the toughest to exercise b/c you are ready for spring a big dump comes in...:)
  • ZeroDelta
    ZeroDelta Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    SMackdizz wrote: »
    Hey! It's fall in Minnesota! The best season that leads into the worst. I'm not outdoorsy in the wintertime. But looking for some great "active" things to do to keep the blood flowing and muscles growing when the snow is snowing. Any suggestions out there for winter activities?

Go walk the skyways in downtown Minneapolis. For those that don't know what "skyways" are, it gets so cold in Minnesota during the winter that many of the buildings are connected by above ground "tubes." Those are the skyways. This lets you travel between the buildings without going out side. You can literally walk for miles without going outside.
  • SMackdizz
    SMackdizz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    All great ideas! I've always wanted to get into snow shoeing and didn't even think of the golf course idea! No doubt, Minnesota winters are beautiful. But with them comes cabin fever, and with cabin fever usually comes the beer gut. Not this year though!! Thanks guys!