30 Day Shred

Options
I am SO sore after only 2 days of this...so, do I do it today, or rest...my legs are achy?!?! Do you just push through?? Help!

Replies

• aochoa123
    aochoa123 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Push through. It'll get better. I hurt in my legs for the first week...now no pain at all. Hang in there you can do it.
  • silveryflutterby
    Options
    I would say if you are sore, push through, but if it's PAINFUL, take a break. :)
  • kmal2t
    kmal2t Posts: 21
    Options
    if you are coming off of years of inactivity its usually suggested to get back into exercising slowly. It really depends on your level of discipline. If you are likely to mentally burn out quickly and return to your old ways then start with working out 3-4 days a week until you can get into a full swing of 5-6 days week.
  • ShrinkingStephanie
    Options
    I'm on day 8 of the Shred. My suggestion is that you just push through it. The ache starts to recede a few min into it as your body and muscles warm up. As I'm sure you know, amazing results if you actually do it! Good luck.
  • 1aprilaries
    1aprilaries Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I would say rest if u r that achy. I'm on day 9 Level 1 & i'm surprised at how well i've been doing. So far I've done it every day except June 6 so I'm gonna do Level 1 until Sat 2 make up & start Level 2 Sun. Good luck w/everything & try to stay w/it.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Push through...everyone on the 30DS threads say the same...mega sore day 2, but much better by day 4/5.
  • sm_wilson
    sm_wilson Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 2, when I was on my 2nd day of the level 1, I thought my legs would snap if I went to sit down :)
    I pushed through, the pain is not bad once you start doing the workout, when it came to the squats I just went down as far as my legs would let me! =) hope this helps
  • Kazimira
    Kazimira Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Push through and do some extra stretching or walking afterwards. Her cooldowns are not long enough and I find when I do some low intensity walking or stretching afterwards I'm not sore. The days I skip that, I'm really sore.
  • kristiedavis1
    Options
    I worked out with my trainer on Tuesday and did the Shred last night and I feel your pain...Literally. I called my trainer, a great friend of mine, and she said "That's what I like to hear! Do some more." Guess I'm back on the mat tonight.
  • shanislim
    shanislim Posts: 4
    Options
    I am in level 3, keep at it, it will get better. All three levels are tough, but it will get easier :)
  • sunflowermom2
    Options
    I just finished day four today. It does get better. My advice keep moving everyday after you do the workout. I did that yesterday and it made a world of difference.
  • nananie2
    nananie2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Don't hurt yourself, but if you can push through it, you won't regret it. I thought I would never get passed level 1, and I just started level 3 today! You can do it! :-)
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Push through. Keep moving and the pain will go away or move to a different spot!
  • kaitedid
    kaitedid Posts: 33
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone! I am doing Zumba 3-4 times a week also, it's just my legs ache, I'm not in "pain", just so sore...but, I guess I wil be going at it tonight :)

The encouragement and motivation from all of you is really overwhelming!!!

Good luck and best wishes to everyone on this journey, not just 30 Day Shred, but everything!
  • meishakeech
    Options
    Yeah I'm on day 5 and I am just getting out of the sore stage. Just keep at it. As Jillian says, "Unless you puke, die, or faint don't stop"