21 days fix

Options
Has anyone had success with using the 21 days fix meal portion containers? I am thinking about ordering them... Any thoughts?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,719 Member
    Options
    It's basically a well advertised food portioning plan by Beach Body. Many others online have types of containers and plates they sell that show you portions (plate is divided into a pie chart) to eat each time.
    All this does is reduce your totally calorie intake by portion. It may also help with getting in more (vegetables) if you're not eating enough of a certain amount of food. It does have an exercise program, but I believe it can be found for free online.
    So basically colored Tupperware for a high price.
    It's still CICO and that's free on here.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • dana2714
    dana2714 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That review was spot on :) thank you so much.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    dana2714 wrote: »
    Has anyone had success with using the 21 days fix meal portion containers? I am thinking about ordering them... Any thoughts?

No need to order.....unless you want the exercise videos.

Pinterest has all the charts, container sizes, hacks, etc. You can make your own containers and test drive the plan for a couple weeks.

21 Day Fix would not be practical for me. Example: eat 1 container of protein, 1 container of veggies, 1 container of starch for lunch.....what if I want soup?......what if I go to Subway? The containers are practical for ingredients.....not recipes. The recipes they have use 1/4 fat container, 1/2 starch container....then you are left with keeping track of partial containers for the rest of the day.
  • estrange22
    estrange22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I did it and LOVED it.

Pros:
    I lost 9.5 inches and 13 lbs in those 21 days. If you buy the plan, it tells you how to convert mixed food/recipes/restaurant foods to container counts. For those of us that have issues with portion control, this program can be a god send. I was never hungry on this plan. I was able to teach myself how to eyeball an appropriate portion and now I know I will be satisfied most of the time with that amount. The workouts are good and pretty challenging.

Cons: Working out every day can be mentally exhausting. You MUST meal plan/food prep on this plan to be successful (or at least stay sane).

You could pinterest the container sizes to make your own and then do do similar workouts each day you find online. Do upper body, then lower body, then pilates, three different cardio (hard core) exercises that include plyo and body weight strength, and then yoga one day to stretch it all out.
  • igsalem
    igsalem Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    estrange22 wrote: »
    I did it and LOVED it.

Pros:
    I lost 9.5 inches and 13 lbs in those 21 days. If you buy the plan, it tells you how to convert mixed food/recipes/restaurant foods to container counts. For those of us that have issues with portion control, this program can be a god send. I was never hungry on this plan. I was able to teach myself how to eyeball an appropriate portion and now I know I will be satisfied most of the time with that amount. The workouts are good and pretty challenging.

Cons: Working out every day can be mentally exhausting. You MUST meal plan/food prep on this plan to be successful (or at least stay sane).

You could pinterest the container sizes to make your own and then do do similar workouts each day you find online. Do upper body, then lower body, then pilates, three different cardio (hard core) exercises that include plyo and body weight strength, and then yoga one day to stretch it all out.

• igsalem
    igsalem Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info estrange22
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    The containers for sure helped me with serving sizes. I knew right off that the 1200 cal range their "calculations" put me in would be way too low. I ate at the level above. BUT found that if I got curious and weighed my food, I was still eating way fewer calories than I should be. By a lot. When I should be eating 15-1800 and found I was only eating 13-1400 I was appalled! Good way to lose too much muscle mass. Yes, the weight loss feels good but I like my biceps and shoulders and quads. Better for me to weigh out my food and make sure I am not starving my body.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Someone posted a while back that they decided - after reading here - to weigh out what they had in their containers. They were getting about 800 or 900 calories that day. They could've eaten a lot more and still lost weight. They said they were done with the containers, lol.

If it works for you, it does. But you don't need to pay anyone to lose weight if you don't want to pay.

Personally, I don't care for the Beachbody people. They're kind of sleazy. So, I wouldn't give them any money.