Taking a before and after picture?

ashley26704
ashley26704 Posts: 72 Member
edited September 28 in Motivation and Support
Will taking a before and after picture help me? And is it a good idea??

Whats your opinion??

Replies

• wintermama13
    wintermama13 Posts: 172 Member
    yes yes yes!!! You see yourself EVERYDAY so it's a lot harder to notice when you'v dropped a few pounds here and there. I take one every now and then and post on my wall by my other pics to see my progress. Keeps me much more motivated than just staring at the mirror trying to see if I look different. Good luck!
  • YES! I wish I had taken one 31 lbs ago.
  • peralescm
    peralescm Posts: 12 Member
    Yes!! It will help you see the difference. Sometimes what happens is we tend to mentally see our old image but if we see side by side shots it really helps adjust what we see...good luck on your weight loss journey!!
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    ABSOLUTELY! I did not and I am really really sad that I didn't. It shows how far you've come =)
  • uniquesoul73
    uniquesoul73 Posts: 151 Member
    I will be taking mine today!
  • jodibelle
    jodibelle Posts: 79 Member
    Definatly!! Maybe do one monthly. It helps you see the progress especially if the scale hasn't moved as much as you'd hope.
  • mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    It's probably the single best motivator available to you. How often have you heard people here, or elsewhere say something along the lines of "Wow I saw myself in a picture from last week and decided to make a change!"? I wish I had done it when I was at my heaviest but I waited until I had lost about 20 lbs, but even that still really makes me fool exceptionally good about my progress.
  • Jdismybug1
    Jdismybug1 Posts: 443 Member
    Yes it is. Personally I really don't like taking pics when I'm heavier, but it's a great motivator.
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Elle_Jamaicangirl81 Posts: 418 Member
    mos def will help!

If u feel weird/embarrassed/shy, you can keep it private till u feel good to show it... (thats what i'm doing... and eeeep i hate mine)
  • Definaty!!! i need to take a new one soon!
  • mrsmontellano
    mrsmontellano Posts: 13 Member
    Ya, I wish I had taken one. I just didn't WANT to admit and see what I looked like and how . Now I realize that was a mistake. Oh well, shoulda, coulda, woulda.
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Yes, Yes, Yes definitely!! Also, take measurements. I take them every 15 days, some others I know do it once a month! You may lose inches first before the scale moves. Good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.