Vibram Five Fingers...

Options
kimmerroze
kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
I just gotta say that they look so ridiculous..

I have been hearing a lot about them. and I hear that they are a great shoe, But I don't know if I could ever break down and actually buy a pair.

I giggle when I see them, I can't be the only one.

Anyone else feel the same way?

Replies

• magpie8402
    magpie8402 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I might buy a pair for around the house. I have heard they are actually quite comfortable.
  • davine81
    davine81 Posts: 1
    Options
    Got a pair of them from a week and just find em Great!!
  • aimeeturner
    aimeeturner Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    My husband bought a pair about a year ago. He absolutely loves them. I haven't heard of anyone who has bought them that does not like them. He said when he first got them, his calves were in agony when he ran but that after about a week or so they were stronger and didn't hurt at all. I plan on getting a pair very soon if for no other reason than to stop the issue I have with my shoes "eating" my socks :)
  • travelgirl09
    travelgirl09 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I absolutely thought the same way! I made fun of them for a year. But then, just to get it out of my system, I tried on a pair, and I was hooked! I love them. They are so unbelievably comfortable! I use mine mostly for yoga.

I learned my lesson, which is, don't knock it until you try it! lol
  • Lavmann
    Lavmann Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    A friend has the greeny coloured ones and calls them her Shrek feet.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I've heard they reduce a lot of pain associated with running, like shin splints. I've tried running barefoot on my treadmill and it felt great, I might get some!
  • melody6387
    melody6387 Posts: 49
    Options
    They are AWESOME and very comfortable.. try them... they do feel a bit WEIRD , but once u get used to them you will LOVE them.
  • christinad95
    christinad95 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I agree they do look ridiculous. I've heard good and bad about them. Some have said that they are very comfortable where others say they are not and that their knees bother them when they never bothered them before. So, all in all, I really don't know what to think of them other then that they really are ugly. :smile:
  • brianlocal3
    brianlocal3 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It's new fad! Research say blah blah blah. I already don't wear shoes most of the time. If I'm in the house or playing in the yard with the kids I am barefooted, but when I RUN or WORKOUT I wear my combat boots. That's just me. But yes I do laugh at the foot gloves
  • MindyC7609
    MindyC7609 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan, but hey, if they work for some runners, great. It's just like any other piece of gear - you find what you like and stick with it.

That said -- I HATE them on people just casually wearing them around town. I think, in particular, of the couple I recently saw wearing the Fila version in a casual setting (obviously NOT for working out), and I thought it just looked stupid.
  • humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I own a pair. And I get TONS of giggles and stares. But I freakin love them. And I only wear them to the gym or working out, so I dont really care. LOL
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I agree! If they help you run or whatever, that's great and I totally understand. That being said, I still laugh when I see them, although I haven't run into anyone out and about wearing them... yet. Personally, I don't think I could stand having them between my toes... ugh!
  • Beebs33
    Beebs33 Posts: 262
    Options
    They make me giggle too. I want someone to just give me a pair though so I can try them. I don't want to spend my money on them:)

I love my Asics Nimbus!
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    i LOVE them...have completely eliminated my knee pain when running...totally worth the silly look!!!
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    I like them, though I want something more incognito for the office and while traveling. Don't want the boss giving me the stinkeye when he sees my "funky toe shoes" soooooo... I'm thinking I'm going to try a pair of the Merrell barefoots on this weekend. I have a trip to Europe coming up in less than 9 days and also would like to have just one pair of shoes to pack. I think these'll fit the bill.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Shoot I got my pair of running shoes for like $30 dollars at fredmeyer, I think they are asics... I haven't had one problem running.

I think that expensive good running shoes are nice, but the nice thing about them is that they help you run properly.... If you practice I think you can learn to run properly without a 150 dollar pair of shoes and solve a lot of those problems yourself.

Who knows, maybe I will buy a pair once the majority starts wearing them over the minority... lol In this situation I will choose to be a follower instead of a leader.

Good to know that lots of people enjoy them tho.
  • j3nic3
    j3nic3 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I've read it's supposed to strengthen your toes and will help with back pains, etc. I'm definitely getting a pair at some point this year.
  • aimeeturner
    aimeeturner Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    My husband bought a pair about a year ago. He absolutely loves them. I haven't heard of anyone who has bought them that does not like them. He said when he first got them, his calves were in agony when he ran but that after about a week or so they were stronger and didn't hurt at all. I plan on getting a pair very soon if for no other reason than to stop the issue I have with my shoes "eating" my socks :)

I bought my pair of Vibrams in June. I have ABSOLUTELY loved them ever since. I wish I could wear them every day to work, but I can only wear them on casual Fridays. But I do love working out in them and just wearing them around the house and to the grocery store, etc.
  • j3nic3
    j3nic3 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I bought my pair of Vibrams in June. I have ABSOLUTELY loved them ever since. I wish I could wear them every day to work, but I can only wear them on casual Fridays. But I do love working out in them and just wearing them around the house and to the grocery store, etc.

Wow that's awesome they let you go to work with them on! Which ones did you get?