30DS Starting on Friday June 10th!

Options
Hello everyone! I have been doing Jillian's workout dvds for awhile now but I have never done her DVD 30 Day Shred all the way through for thirty days straight. Tomorrow is my first day of summer and I want to go all thirty days, no stopping! I am going to take my measurements and weight first thing tomorrow morning and go from there! I am so excited to be doing this and I am looking for people to join me along the way! Whether you've done 30DS before and have some advice to offer or are new to Jillian's routines, please feel free to comment! Let's do this everyone!!!

Molly

ps- I will also be adding in some additional cardio to the Shred...every other day I'm going to walk/run...I'm following the couch to 5k plan!!!!!! :)

Replies

• nikkialexander828
    nikkialexander828 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    i just started that today! and my first thought when i got into it was " gosh i hate jillian michaels"! lol. but its a really good workout and i cant wait to keep going with it!
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I love the 30 day shred. I am 5 days in. Its awesome and I can tell I'm getting better at it even after only 5 days
  • KathleenPub
    KathleenPub Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I bought this video a while ago and have done it a few times but never consistently. I really like the workout I always just kind of laze my way out of actually doing it lol. I would love to try to do it every day though if I know there is someone else whos doing it too lol, for some reason it seems easier to pull off if there is someone besides myself to fail lol. Weird I know, but true.
  • Ley2ndtry
    Ley2ndtry Posts: 136
    Options
    I just completed day 2 of week 2 and i actually said "i hate you jillian!" i love her too!
  • LaurieBLouise
    LaurieBLouise Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm starting it tomorrow, too! good luck!!
  • flabwillbefab
    Options
    Please add me!! im starting this tonight!!!!!!!:O)
  • flabwillbefab
    Options
    Please add me!! im starting this tonight!!!!!!!:O)
  • flabwillbefab
    Options
    Please add me!! im starting this tonight!!!!!!!:O) sorry,,,,,,, not sure what happenned there,,,:OS add me 3 times,,hahaha
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I will start level 2 on monday, and I am scarde out of my mind.
  • LadyKP
    LadyKP Posts: 31
    Options
    I'm in :) I'll do it with you all until I start p90X in July!
  • crystalinda
    crystalinda Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I just ordered mine this morning, I have a trip planned at the point that would complete 30 days if I started tomorrow so I thought I would wait until after my trip to try out as it should be done. Since I just ordered it today not sure when I will receive it but I saw a post on here w/ b/a pics of those who have done it and the results were amazing, can't wait to add my own set of pics. Good luck!
  • misssmiles
    misssmiles Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    i started today!! i will have to take saturdays off because we go to the lake for the weekend... but swimming in a lake is a GREAT workout too!!
  • LadyKP
    LadyKP Posts: 31
    Options
    Starting the Shred today- I'm going to post my measurements ( in inches):
    Neck : 13
    Bicep: 12
    Shoulders: 42
    Bust: 37
    Waist: 31.5
    Hips: 35
    Thighs: 21.5
    Calf 15

Weight: 147.5

Let's get shredded!
  • Christinichka
    Christinichka Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I am planning to start tomorrow. So I'll be a day behind but would love to have a group to check in with. :) I am going camping July 1st-4th so that might throw me off a bit but I'll do it as consecutively as I can until then. Really all I'd miss is possibly the 2nd and 3rd since I can do it before I leave on the first, and after I get home on the 4th.
  • 2girls4boys
    2girls4boys Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I started this with another group a couple of weeks ago, but I got sick and didn't exercise for a couple of days. I am ready to start it again. I was going to wait until Monday, but I'll start today. It will be good to have other people who are doing it with me. I will do my weight and measurements tomorrow morning.
  • carrieann58
    Options
    I have the video and will start tonight:) Add me to the group. I will post measurements later on tonight.
  • emmavisman
    emmavisman Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I started mine yesterday too!! Just finished the second workout half an hour ago, it's insane! But I feel sooo good and its working on the spots i hate (my upper arms) I love it!! The second day doesnt feel as tough either, well to me anyway!
  • Christinichka
    Christinichka Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Okay guys, I just got done with Day 1 of Level 1 :) Feels great to have started the ball rolling. It was hard but I am looking forward to seeing my progress. The hardest thing for me is the push-ups. My arms are sooooo weak. Even the modified ones kill, but I just keep pushing through it and trying to make sure I am using good form. What is hardest for you?

I also biked on the stationary bike afterward for 20 minutes. I am hoping to get a walk in with my boy later today. My goal is to get at least 30 minutes of exercise 6 days a week, but working my way up to 60 minutes when possible. I have a desk job and need as much extra physical activity as possible.

How is everyone doing?
  • Freakinglovepink
    Options
    I just started this morning too :) I saw the awesome results people got with it and bought the DVD yesterday. The whole thing was pretty tough but I'd have to say the hardest parts were the squats with arm presses and the side lunges with arm raises - both with weights. It's quite an intense workout for only being 20 minutes. I had a very satisfying tightness in my stomach when I was done ;)

Feel free to add me for support and motivation!
  • emmavisman
    emmavisman Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    When I first started, (i'm on day 3 now) I struggled with push ups, sit ups, and the bike crunches (or whatever theyre called haha) but today when I did it I could do all of them!!! Yes it was hard, but each day i can do the exercises much easier! If you just keep going with it you'll keep getting better and better at them! :D I could even do the sit ups better! Ignore the aches and pains, i'm in sooo much pain and aching but i still soldiered through and did day 3 and I feel much better afterwards (i almost didn't do it though! lol)
    Also, i'm already noticing differences! In my arms and kind of in my stomach! It's GREAT! I'm so looking forward to hitting day 10! Suuuper nervous about switching to L2 though!

:)