TTC and supplements

Options
Anyone trying to conceive and taking additional nutritional/herbal supplements? I've heard that Vitex (if your cycle is irregular) and coenzyme Q10 can be helpful.

My cycle is super irregular, and it took 3 years to conceive my daughter (now 2 years old). She was conceived without any fertility interventions, but want to be proactive with supplements this time around.

Currently taking a multivitamin, folic acid, and Vitex (to help regular cycles; only been on it a month and my period came a little earlier than normal this time which was nice), and vitamin C. Any other recommendations?

Also, if you're TTC and want to add me as a friend, would love more weight loss and healthy eating lifestyle support :)

Replies

• kcwest4
    kcwest4 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am also ttc, as of now taking Geritol and prenatals. I am also going to start Mucinex when I'm ovulating this month. I haven't heard about the benefits of Vitamin C, I will have to google that! I just got back to MFP to try and get to eating healthier again and drinking more water and it tends to work better when I track everything. I hope it doesn't take too long for you to get your positive result this time! We have a 6 yr old who was a total surprise & unplanned blessing, so it's a little different this time around for us trying to make it happen! :D
  • tayloralanj
    tayloralanj Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Two words. You already mentioned it, but, Folic Acid.
  • jace1986
    jace1986 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your advice and feedback!
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    When I was trying to conceive, my OB/GYN advised me to take a pre-natal vitamin with Iron and Folic Acid to make sure I was getting plenty of the necessary vitamins since alot happens to the fetus even before you know you are pregnant.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Hey there! My hubby and I have been TTC for about 5 years on and off. All kinds of tests have shown there is nothing PHYSICALLY wrong... so the problem is obviously hormonal. My cycles are kinda all over the place also. I have long cycles around 45 days or so typically. My OB suggested taking Pregnitude (a supplement comprised of Folic Acid & Myo Inositol). Upon further research, I discovered the Myo Inositol is supposed to help with PCOS symptoms and increase fertility by improving egg quality, etc. Pregnitude is pretty expensive so I found a 1lb jar of Myo Inositol on Amazon for about the same price. I've been taking it daily and after 2 months I have started ovulating and my cycles have really evened out. Do you chart? That has really helped me. I discovered that it really helps you figure out what is going on. People assume they ovulate around CD 14 because that's what everyone tells them but its not always true. I've started charting so I can keep an eye on things and make sure timing is all right :) Good luck!