bored

Options
I eat alot when im bored. I cant seem to find anything that helps. any suggestions?

Replies

• tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Try to find something to do to get your mind off of it. I'm having troubles too. I'll get up and walk around, clean, call someone, anything except eat. (Drinking a ton of water helps too!)
  • whatsexercise
    whatsexercise Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I play brainless facebook games or do puzzles!!!
    2580 Posts: 1
    Options
    what helps me is to get to moving. Do something constructive, yard work, clean closets, anything to get my mind off of food. Good luck!
  • betzeross
    betzeross Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Something - anything to occupy your mind. You need to take your mind off of food. Do you have any hobbies? If not, consider finding something you like to do and take it up as your hobby. Creativity uses your mind and hands so you won't be tempted to eat while doing your hobby. Try taking a walk. Call a friend. Good luck!
  • lmoldes
    lmoldes Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    hobbies if you have any, and like others said take a walk, get into a book, whatever you do just get your mind totally on a project and you should be ok.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    exercise to kill being bored.
    go for a walk, bike ride, jog.
  • misssmiles
    misssmiles Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    i drink water or even brush my teeth!!
  • Kitiara47
    Kitiara47 Posts: 235
    Options
    Whenever I feel like eating and I know I'm not hungry, I go for a stick of gum. It's almost as if the chewing makes my brain think I'm eating something. Needless to say, during the school year, I go through a lot! :tongue:
  • perrio1
    perrio1 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you so much! I will try all of your suggestions!!!:smile:
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I play brainless facebook games or do puzzles!!!

That's when I found myself eating the most! lol Now I try to have lots of water on my desk when I'm playing on'line. Or I work on my jewelry. I can't be getting food cumblies all over my stuff when I'm working on a project! Since I've lost weight I have plenty or re'do projects, making over my bracelets to fit! :-)