Sweet Ideas that will keep me in ketosis

Options
I am looking for any ideas / recipes from other swho have been in a ketosis diet. I am Craving sweets and Do not want to come out. I just came off my 1 1/2 month " break from the diet ad I am in week one but still having cravings

Replies

• sammyjo0402
    sammyjo0402 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Sorry you haven't gotten any response as of yet... Well as you should already know ketosis involves plenty of high good fats. The only suggestion I have actually would be to put some Skippy Natural Peanut Butter with Honey on a piece of celery. Peanut butter will always satisfy my sweet tooth and my father stayed in ketosis eating that yummy snack. Hope you didn't blow your goal and hope this still helps! (:
  • mlamont827
    mlamont827 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    * sugar free jello! Whip some cream with some liquid splenda and vanilla and plop that on top of sugar free jello.
    * Get some carb smart ice cream - Breyer's has a tasty vanilla, and I top that with some sugar free Almond Roca syrup
    * Atkins chocolate hazelnut bars, or the coconut Atkins Endulge bar
    * blend some ice with unsweetened vanilla almond milk and your favorite Torani sugar free syrup
    * I make crepes and fill them with mashed raspberries and whipped cream
    (http://allrecipes.com/recipe/low-carb-pancake-crepes/)

* Make a cheesecake:
    3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
    3 eggs
    25 drops Sweetz (liquid Splenda)
    1 tablespoon vanilla extract
    1 teaspoon almond extract
    Directions:
    Mix together cream cheese, Splenda, and extracts. Then add eggs and beat until creamy.
    Pour into a greased pie pan.
    Bake for 35 minutes at 350°F or until cracked and golden brown.
    I freeze the leftover slices

* make a "Danish"
    2 ounces cream cheese
    1 egg
    2 teaspoons Splenda granular or 8 drops splenda liquid sugar substitute
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla
    1 pinch cinnamon
    Directions:
    In a small, microwaveable bowl, soften the cream cheese on HIGH 30 seconds.
    Beat well with a fork until creamy.
    Add the egg and beat very well until creamy; mix in remaining ingredients.
    Use a small rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl so that all the batter is in the bottom.
    Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds; rotate bowl (do not stir) and cook another 30 seconds.
    If center still looks too runny, cook another 30 seconds.
    May take up to 2 1/2 minutes total, depending on your microwave.
    Center should be a bit soft for the danish filling effect.
    Run a small rubber spatula around the danish, then under it to release from bowl.
    Transfer to a small plate. - I usually mash up 5 or 6 blackberries or raspberries with a little splenda and put that on top
    Cool until just warm or cool completely before eating.

Read more at: http://www.food.com/recipe/low-carb-mock-danish-119756?oc=linkback

good luck!!
  • sammyjo0402
    sammyjo0402 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^ Wow. Great ideas (: I knew of the jello.. didn't even think of that.. But the cheesecake sounds wonderful!!! (: Thankyou! I want to try that now..
  • sissie2955
    Options
    I do have Sugar Free Jello a couple times a week and it wasn;t cutting it. I have been on a doctor diet wich is ONLY Protein and veggies and afraid anything else would thow me out. 99% of my weight loss was done the odl fashioned way. But I wanted to try something new for the last 50lbs I wanna loose and this was it. May have to go back to old fashioned lol

I appreciate teh ideas and will try them after weigh on Thrsday so if I do go out of ketosis I will not mess that up haha
  • sissie2955
    Options
    Yes the cheescake & Danish ideas sound yummy even if not in ketosis. I will try them both THANKS
  • Kryn_n
    Kryn_n Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Wait !! can i eat cheseecake??? really:love: i'm in my 2nd week of keto and i still have a bit of sweet cravings. :noway:
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Wait !! can i eat cheseecake??? really:love: i'm in my 2nd week of keto and i still have a bit of sweet cravings. :noway:
    Oh yes ma'am! Just have to tweak it a little but it is AWESOME!!!! I also get cool whip and what ever flavor sugar free jello ( poweder) mix a little splenda and maybe a little sour cream or cream cheese in and pop it back in the freezer and omg... heaven!!! If you like peanut butter pie mix peanut butter with cool whip and add a little splenda and freeze.. :love:
  • ellybeann
    ellybeann Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Bump, All these ideas sound yummy!
  • sugaspice999
    Options
    Egg whites + coconut --> coconut macaroons!
    Almost all the protein coconut macaroon recipes are just that ^, plus some sugar and extract!
    Really low calories on top of being high protein and low calorie

:)
  • sgoldrupdouglas
    sgoldrupdouglas Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    splenda sweetened baby pickles they kill the sweet cravings .
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Way to
    213297d.jpg
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    homemade LC chocolate chip cookies, homemade LC ice cream (recently finished up a batch of salted caramel chocolate chunk), homemade LC fat bombs (maple pecan tahini candy, chocolate peanut butter fat bombs, strawberry cloud candy - there are too many to name); homemade LC Ambrosia Jello; homemade LC carrot cake donuts with cream cheese frosting...there are so many great free LCHF recipes out there online. Just do a google search for LCHF recipes and a ton of website will come up. Happy hunting / cooking!
  • keepitcroosh
    keepitcroosh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    sissie2955 wrote: »
    I do have Sugar Free Jello a couple times a week and it wasn;t cutting it. I have been on a doctor diet wich is ONLY Protein and veggies and afraid anything else would thow me out. 99% of my weight loss was done the odl fashioned way. But I wanted to try something new for the last 50lbs I wanna loose and this was it. May have to go back to old fashioned lol

I appreciate teh ideas and will try them after weigh on Thrsday so if I do go out of ketosis I will not mess that up haha
    Pineapple is sweet and does it for me. If u really can't have a few pieces, talk to someone at the weigh in