Exercises for thighs, abs and butt

Options
I have always been a Shapley woman, I have huge thighs one because it runs in my family but I also played soccer since I was 6 so I do have soccer thighs. Since I've lost weight my thigh have become less muscular and I really want to target my inner thigh...what exercises are good for toning those. I also have lost all my *kitten*

Replies

• Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Squats and deadlifts - maybe some hip thrusts.

Look up strong curves as a weight lifting program.
  • Queensosaa_
    Queensosaa_ Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I've been doing tons of squats but I deff need bee exercises
  • Big5BigChange
    Big5BigChange Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have huge thighs too, due to playing field hockey all through my teens (and genes of course). I've loved ballet exercises to help the thigh and butt area (and believe me- for a hockey girl to say she likes "ballet", it's got to be serious, right? :wink:

Seriously though - it is TOUGH and I sweat way more doing that than almost anything else (although have just started weights - and that's a good contender too!). Lots of places have different names for it - "ballet bar/barre", that sort of thing. Classes are everywhere or there are good courses online. I like fitness blender.
  • Queensosaa_
    Options
    Lol I actually just laughed cuz I was thinking wow she like ballet
  • Big5BigChange
    Big5BigChange Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I know. I was a total non-believer, til I tried it!!
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    yeah try hip thrusts and deadlifts, I second looking up strong curves
  • Queensosaa_
    Options
    Thank you guy, I most deff will
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    Squats and deadlifts - maybe some hip thrusts.

Look up strong curves as a weight lifting program.

More specifically I would say that a wide Sumo Deadlift would be more effective on inner thighs than a more Conventional Deadlift. With that being said, make sure you nutrition supports fat-loss as well or the exercise will not matter much.

From a unilateral perspective I also like Side-Step-Ups and Side Lunges as well. Squatting will inevitably help strengthen the lower body as a whole.
  • ElPasoMark
    ElPasoMark Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Squats, lunges, wide leg squats, chair squats (Narrow & wide), 1 & 2 leg bridges. All with or without additional weight (Dumbbell or barbell). Fireplugs, donkey kicks, lateral leg raises.
  • Kidostud
    Kidostud Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Try Jillian Michaels's "Killer buns and thighs" as well as "Killer Abs" or even her "6 week 6 pack". It will literally kick your butt!!!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I've been doing tons of squats but I deff need bee exercises

are you doing body weight squats or barbell squats..?

I am pretty sure that Iron is recommending barbell squats and not body weight...