Help! Injury and Weight Loss

Options
I recently broke my wrist, and will be in a cast for the next several weeks. I want to maintain my current relatively low calorie diet (1350/day; 5'3" female; current weight 127 lbs, goal weight 120lbs), especially since I've been told not to do any strenuous exercise, but I'm concerned about slowing the healing process by cutting calories.

Does anyone have experience with this?

I can go to maintenance for a few weeks until the cast comes off, but I would really rather not - my losses have already slowed to about a half pound per week or less. I was previously running ~3 miles 3-4 times per week with light strength training.

Thanks!

Replies

• manders_b
    manders_b Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Still concerned about gaining back weight, but I guess I can add on/experiment to find a balance.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I can understand the advice to avoid strenuous exercise, but would imagine walking to be ok? You can still maintain some level of activity. And certainly do get plenty of protein, calcium, etc and nutrition in general to aid in the healing process.
  • vapniareklm
    vapniareklm Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am currently recovering from back surgery and am in the same boat. Sadly, I haven't had any losses but I am worried about more gains. Just remember that's the only wrist you get. You need to heal first and if it sets you back a little it's just a curveball life is throwing at you. It's easier to lose the extra pounds than it is to have yourself permanently injured.