I fell off my bike

Options
They all say it's about getting back on it once you have fallen off.
I bought a bike and an elliptical trainer, I can manage 20 mins on one and fell off the other! (literally!)
I need inspiration and motivation as all I seem to do is try and walk 10 miles a week. (I'm trying to gather the confidence to start running).
Are there any forms of exercise I can do alone but are fun?
Help.

Also add me as the more friends the more motivation and long term success!!!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Ouch! I don't exercise but I'm sure someone does. Post exercise Ideas?
  • Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Well videos are always fun. My toddler likes to do them with me. Though I have to be sure not to kick her in the face all the time lol. Plus no one else is watching!
  • henney16
    henney16 Posts: 288
    Options
    Honestly, right now all I am doing is eating right, walking, biking, and doing pushups and it has done a lot for me so far. Walking is a great way to lose weight, so keep that part up! I've lost 26 lbs since May 1st, 2011 by doing the above. I need to incorporate strength training into this as well which I plan to start in July! Good luck!
  • GCPgirl
    GCPgirl Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Any of the dance aerobics DVDs are fun to do at home. I also have a mini trampoline that is fun to work out with.
  • emlov81
    emlov81 Posts: 128
    Options
    I think 20 mins on the eliptical is good going!!!:smile:

You can set yourself targets to increase that by a minute each week, you'll be doing 40 minutes before you know and will be handy when winter comes and you don't fancy walking in the rain!!

Or you can start doing 1 minute runs towards the end of your walks, i'm sure you'll love it when you start :wink:

Good luck
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I think 20 mins on the eliptical is good going!!!:smile:

You can set yourself targets to increase that by a minute each week, you'll be doing 40 minutes before you know and will be handy when winter comes and you don't fancy walking in the rain!!

Or you can start doing 1 minute runs towards the end of your walks, i'm sure you'll love it when you start :wink:

Good luck
    Ah Emski, you and your I hated running now I love it. I'm attempting the running this weekend! Bought myself my first ever sports bra today! It's happening!
  • shellyrulz
    shellyrulz Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy my Wii Fit Plus as well as doing Zumba and my kick currently is Jillian Micheals 30 Day Shred. It is an intense workout but you will see results if you are committed. It will make you sweat, sweat, sweat but it is awesome!:bigsmile:

5392852.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • shellyrulz
    shellyrulz Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy my Wii Fit Plus as well as doing Zumba and my kick currently is Jillian Micheals 30 Day Shred. It is an intense workout but you will see results if you are committed. It will make you sweat, sweat, sweat but it is awesome!:bigsmile:

5392852.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter