Fitbit & Exercise

Hi all. I have my fitbit synced with my fitness pal app and have been recoding my exercises as well. Is that how I'm supposed to be doing it? Or am I doubling my calories burned? Please help me out. Thanks!

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Where have you been recording your exercise? In MFP or Fitbit? Use the activity function on your watch to record the exercise. It will sync over to MFP for you... If you do both it will mess up your logs and put double entries there.
  • babygrl725
    babygrl725 Posts: 2 Member
    The fitbit adds my steps to mfp but I have been putting my walks and zumba under exercise on mfp
  • tabl_23
    tabl_23 Posts: 46 Member
    I have the same issue...my fitbit doesn't put my active minutes or calories burned during that time into MFP....wasn't sure if I should manually enter too.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    manually logging exercise on MFP won't double count things:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8duevx9y9TY

tabl_23 wrote: »
    I have the same issue...my fitbit doesn't put my active minutes or calories burned during that time into MFP....wasn't sure if I should manually enter too.

That's because Fitbit sends over your Full day calorie burn. MFP then subtracts what it thought you would burn from your Fitbit calorie burn to give you an adjustment.

Example:
    bfvop46wuvbg.jpg
    I put a little red arrow showing wear I clicked on the website to pull this up

If you are not seeing an adjustment like this in your Fitbit diary, make sure your accounts are linked by going here:
    https://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps/show/30
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    If you put it into MFP, it sends that info to Fitbit and will over-ride the info on your fitbit for that time. It's therefore very important that you get the 'time started' and duration completely accurate when you input the activity on MFP. It won't do two entries though, as it overwrites instead of duplicating.