November/December Challenge Group

Options

Replies

• lmc8009
    lmc8009 Posts: 9,190 Member
    Options
    The challenge is full! I have found space for everyone listed above. Invites should be going out Thursday. I will PM you when they are sent!
  • MartinCanDoThisWithGodsHelp
    Options
    Not sure how to get started but it sounds like fun id like to join and maybe i can get my wife in on this also.
  • amberchrista
    amberchrista Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I would love to join as well! Is there still room left?
  • princessrebecca1601
    Options
    lmc8009 wrote: »
    Hi! I am currently looking for about 20 more participants for a challenge group that will start next Monday, November 2 and run 8 weeks until December 27. It is a team's based challenge (more info below). This will be the 21st running of this challenge. Participation requires regular checking in with the group! Please let me know if you have any questions or are interested in one of the spots available!

Welcome to our Biggest Loser competition - MFP style! We had a successful Season 1 back in 2012 and have kept it going ever since. We are getting ready to start season 21(!!!) and are currently planning to continue running this challenge into 2016. So if you‘re looking for an awesome support group, fun challenges, and a little bit of friendly competition, you’re definitely in the right place!!!

Our Biggest Loser competition will be held for 8 weeks, beginning on Monday, November 2, 2015. This season we offer spots for people looking to lose weight AND for people looking to maintain their current weight. Winners will be announced for the following categories at the end of the season: Highest percentage of weight loss and highest number of challenge points earned.

This season is TEAMS competition! Teams will be fighting to get their name in the coveted top spot every week! Since no competition is any fun without a little extra teamwork, teams will be competing to claim the highest average challenge points as well as the highest team percentage of weight loss each week.

Each Sunday or Monday (your choice), every individual will weigh in and compute their own challenge points. They will submit the numbers to their team board. Later in the week winners will be announced based on the following:

1) Team with the highest percentage of weight loss
    2) Team with the highest average of challenge points earned by its participants
    3) Individual recognition for the week's top 20 weight loss
    4) Individual recognition for the week's top 20 challenge points earned

For this season we will be offering points for minutes of exercise completed as well as for optional mini-challenges that you will be encouraged to join. You may join as many or as few as you'd like, but we suggest that you join at least one. Five bonus points will be awarded for each additional challenge you actively participated in each week. Details will be lined out in each mini-challenge’s description. There is no limit to how many mini challenges you can participate in, so feel free to challenge yourself!!!

• princessrebecca1601
    Options
    Please add me. This sounds like a great motivator for myself. Exciting
  • joannie92
    joannie92 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Is there still space in this challenge? I'd like to join!!
  • jkct509
    jkct509 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'd also like to join please :)
  • tremix5001
    tremix5001 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would like to join if possible.
  • nishamisha76
    nishamisha76 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join if possible still :-)
  • NikkiMichelleS
    NikkiMichelleS Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I saw you posted its full...but if you open more spots, I'd love to join in! Thank you
  • kellymoffat
    kellymoffat Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Count me in! This is a great idea! :)
  • BaysiderNY
    BaysiderNY Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join this
  • BaysiderNY
    BaysiderNY Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    lmc8009 wrote: »
    The challenge is full! I have found space for everyone listed above. Invites should be going out Thursday. I will PM you when they are sent!

Can you perhaps make one more team so rest of us can join too. Having more teams/people won't hurt right.
  • Franky489
    Franky489 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Dang! I sure would have like to be a part of this challenge
  • daremightythings
    daremightythings Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Just tossing my name in the ring on the off chance you have spots open up!

If this is an ongoing challenge, I'd love to join the next one also!
  • Franky489
    Franky489 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    That's me "A dollar short & a day late" LOL!
  • lmc8009
    lmc8009 Posts: 9,190 Member
    Options
    I will see what I can do about finding spots. I'm reluctant to make another team, as I already have 6 and over 100 participants! I am certain there will be no shows and drops in the first week though. So anyone who is interested in a spot and committed to participating the entire 8 weeks - send me a PM and I will give any openings I come up with to you!
  • 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    If you do decide on additional teams add me.
  • skettler4
    skettler4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome! I would love to join if there is space available!!
  • itsbeenwaitingforyou
    Options
    I would love to join if a spot becomes available :)