32 year old prepping for Navy enlistment

Options
hello all!

I'm a 32 year old gal finally doin what she always wanted and joining the Navy. I'm here to get myself together to be ready for boot camp. As I know I'll have on average a decade's worth o years on those ill be entering with, I wanna do it harder, faster, smarter and better than ever. So I got myself a gym membership and have been chipping away. I started in July at a weight Of about 220lb. I'm down to 190 now, having stopped drinking, trying to eat clean, and LOTS of strength training. Still far from my personal goals, though, performance-wise, as I had let myself get SOOOOO out of shape over the past few years. Trying to shed body fat is tough, and pushing thru plateaus is difficult, sometimes more psychologicallly than physically. Support and encouragement is always welcome, and as I'm trying to get to a competitive level of fitness SAFELY, tips are welcomed as well. Wishing everybody on here success in reaching their goals!

Replies

• jasondinger
    jasondinger Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Ex-squid here.... Add me if you like and feel free to pick my brain about all things nautical.